1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest curve?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not that many people on here have raced it :D

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Could be. I used to drink a lot. :D

I would swear, though, that BBoz doubled the ton on the Duc at one point (prob practice). Duhamel having the record for top trap speed during the race wouldn't be surprising, either.

How stupid do you think speeds will be once the new surface seasons? :eek:

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm 99.9% sure BBoz, or anyone else, ever hit 200. I think Miggys was during practice, not the race.

I dont think they touched the first half of T1 with the resurface(hard to tell by the pics). I think I would prefer it stay the same than have their pavers fuck it up with their shitty seems. I like passing lots of guys around the outside, especially on the start. :D

4. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

IIRC, at 1:19's you are.

I could probably give you top corner speed by track, or at least close. At least at the major ones.

I'd guess it's T-1 at Brainerd and then T-8 at Willow. Without GPS and corrected wheel speed data, I'd be pretty skeptical of some of the numbers at other tracks.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I've always been curious as to the speeds of the GP bikes into and through turn 1 at Indy. I would think after topping 200 on the straight and what seems like only rolling off the power that it would be pretty fast.

Not that I've taken a fast on the throttle turn other than t-4 at summit, t-2 at Jennings, and the kinks at RA and VIR, but I'd think that on the brakes into a fast turn would be scarier than on the throttle.

6. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

I love that Road Atlanta turn...coming into 10.... the first right at Macau is pretty gnarly....t9 at RRR is epic....

7. latch

latch Well-Known Member

The fastest knee-down spot I can think of in the CMRA region is probably T7 at Texas World Speedway.

GPS shows 100mph knee-down, and probably closer to 110mph for top 5 experts. With the way the cambered surface drops away at the edge of the track, it's a place you don't want to explore...

Here's the please don't ban me youtube link for proof.

I see a lot of faster claims in this thread. Let's see proof ;)

8. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

T4 at summit is 130+. I close my eyes through that turn.

9. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that Anthony Gobert was running that speed through turn 8 back in the day when they run a AMA superbike race there???

10. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I was out there with Jason Curtis one day (2006 maybe?) on his AMA SBK and he was hitting those speeds through there. I can't remember the exact number, but it was ~160mph. Still think Brainerd T1 is faster though.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool info about T8, I knew it was fast but that's faster than I thought.

12. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I figured T1 would be faster than T7.

13. latch

latch Well-Known Member

T1 is faster but it's not knee down. T2 is knee down, but drops well below 100mph (for me at least :))

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Does Homestead T1 count? I get my knee down trying to get the 1000 turned while you hold it wide open in 5th.

I hear the experts on the limiter through it. They have to be going 155ish.

15. Yea, the GP riders seem to be trail braking pretty heavily for T1 at Indy. It definitely seems like a fast, technical turn, and one of maybe two on that track that seem fun/interesting. T1 at Daytona is similar in that you enter really fast, braking while leaned over. I enjoy that one a lot.

16. Yep... thats a great turn, and so is the one at the end of the back straight.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, I don't know if it's officially a corner but that kink after the carosel at Road America sure seemed fast to me....

18. Id love to ride the "waterfall" corner at Sachsenring. That one looks really fun. Also, I think its called the "rams hook" after the back straight at Assen. The middle straight at the old configuration of Assen looked amazing too. That was my favorite track on the PS2.

19. webman

webman Active Member

Back in the day I was 'bout 115 at apex through turns 1 and 9 at RRR.

20. cleanEG

cleanEG Well-Known Member

T8 @ Willow is not only fast but the "Bail off your bike if you run off at high speed" in that section definitely adds some flavor to it.....