1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brad Burns- AMA - DQ'd for cheating

Discussion in 'General' started by birdie56, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

If there not fined then what are the consequences for repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again. What's to stop you from ignoring the tech guys and never addressing the problem.

2. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

The fact that they can't get on track and race.... :confused:

Do you make a habit of giving people a tech sticker even though they don't pass tech?

3. Handicapped Racer

passing tech is one thing being in compliance after tech is another.

4. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Well I disagree with fines for wiring unless it causes an incident on track, but yes of course people should be pulled off for CHEATING using DB windscreens and brembos in SS. Are you saying that its ok to use those CHEATER parts?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  5. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

I'll play nice.

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Like that will ever happen...;)

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Especially in the Premier classes where there are several $K of purse money at stake. JMO

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wait........... DB's are illegal in SS? :D:Poke:

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'll be curious to see this answer.. :)

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Just a suggestion as a deterent for cheating...

Several years ago I had 2 rules changed in AMA Amateur DT.

Rule 1...As a Referee, if a rider was found to be in non compliance, Referee was allowed to assume rider was in non compliance in previous races.

Rule 2...In the Stock classes, 1st offense is DQ...2nd offense is ONE YEAR Suspension from any AMA event.

Since these rules were implemented, I personnally caught no one in non compliance to any event I teched or was referee.

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

DQ.

I raced for points. A DQ was a good deterrent.

12. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

^^^ha^^^

14. Quicktoy

Hey the kid gave it a shot. He got DQ'd and ridiculed. Same thing happened to Darren Luck..and look how much it ended up helping Darren's career in the end. So good for the kid for giving it a shot. He'll probably become just as fortunate as Darren was

15. Handicapped Racer

Can't really refuse to sticker a bike in tech for a class they may or may not run,they

may have multiple bikes. Also kind of hard to police that, but on a SS grid with one official checking you off and the other looking, it's very easy.

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Hey, whatever happened to Darren Luck?

17. Handicapped Racer

It did happen, 2007 gnf, top 5 1st through 4th and Sean had scoring picking the random 5th rider to remove the appearance of bias.
    Then we stopped every rider after coming off course. Caught Alot of stuff moreso safety wise.

18. Handicapped Racer

His Luck ran out

19. Quicktoy

exxxxactly!!! :d

20. Quicktoy

Hey someone walked up to me on the Grid at the 08 GNF and told me 2 of my pinch bolts weren't wired and to pay the fine after the race. I finished the race, walked in, apologized to Ev and the ladies, called myself a few dumbass names and paid my fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.