1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just sold my 06 gsxr 1000 what next??

Discussion in 'General' started by crazymofo, May 7, 2012.

1. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

gday folks,

ive just sold my k6 gsxr 1000 for the money i wanted, my k6 was pretty dialed in with full ohlins and lots of other goodies, so im chasing a better platform to go faster on then the k6.

now im looking for the next racebike,

i had a thought to buy a salvage 08 gsxr 1000 and build it all up from there, simular to the k6 but allows more current technology (bazzaz TC and ttx/nix30 stuff mainly)

not many race the 09 gsxr 1000 here in aus, but im willing to buy a salvage and build it up too.

but i can get a 08-10 cbr 1000 already done and ready to run for a bit more money, plenty of these are around for me to look at and drive a bargain. but gearbox issues concern me still.

have thought about a current model (2010 zx10r) but just not many of them around

the R1's are a bag of shite compared to others ive ridden.

s1000rr are just that little bit rich. and the engine dramas concern me.

theres a really sweet KTM RC8 going for good money....

thoughts? inputs? ideas?

i got a pocket full of cash burning and im like a kid trying to choose his first puppy in a pet store full of different ones.

cheers.joe.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I would call the guy and buy it back....:)

3. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

If I was buying a bike tomorrow it would be the RC8 or new model ZX10, but my opinion means nothing.

4. trancework

trancework It's always now...

5. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that Britt...
    although I don't ride one, couple of guys I know prefer the 06's over the newer models...

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

07-08 GSXR1000, am unsure why you sold an 06 that was set up and dialed in....

7. crazymofo

i was offered 10k for the bike, so i took it.

its done 34,000km crashed heavily a few times, the next step was to get full cartridges for the forks then crack the motor open, however class rules dont allow anything other then standard engine.

figured a newer bike would be smaller, lighter, and easier to ride faster?

cheers.joe.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

07-08 isn't going to be much different, so 09 and up will get you the more compact chassis.

9. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

10. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I am getting to like my 05' pretty good. I am going faster than on any of the new stuff I had.

11. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Haha Britt stole my line!!!! Seriously they are STILL best 1000 Suzuki ever made! Chassis stunningly right!

One of my top guys here has 2011 zx10r making @206rwhp he rode teammates bike for fun last round it's a @188rwhp 06 gsxr1000 and even on hp track like pir did within .1 his best on zx10. Came in "fook me I should have kept my 05!". (he used to race a 05 1000 years ago)

New cbr1000 not bad outta box thou. ZX I LOVE but not perfect plus needs some chassis work. 09+ gsxr 1k u couldn't give me! It's motor is junk I think they're subletting the builds to china like the SV! Plus chassis a mess, oh and it's fugly! R1 great but needs Jenny Craig & $$$$ to get competitive.

Best choice, like Britt says "call him back" haha. Even in SS or Prod build a 05-06 can make 185rwhp more than most guys need!

12. ed who?

Nope. Engine bit stronger power wise but chassis they went too soft on. Most can't tell but top guys could and didn't like it. 07 engine in 06 chassis is best lol. We're actually building a 205+hp 1040cc 08 engine and putting into 06 SBK chassis for customer. Should be fun

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What does it take to put an 07-08 motor in the 05-06 chassis?

14. ed who?

not much, needs the 07-08 exhaust as the oil pan is very different. We are using all 05 Yosh kit harness/ecu so basically just using the 07-08 engine itself to build upon. should be fun bike. He has a 06 1000 now (the one i spoke of earlier post) that he races @188rwhp but he wanted something nasty for the street...so i dont argue..he actually works for us at the races its been a long project, found rare Arata dual titanium sbk system for it, ex sbk ohlins forks, yosh cams from the boys in so-cal, etc.. will be cool street bike that will scare him im sure.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So the motor itself is a direct bolt in?

16. crazymofo

well,

ive sold my 34,000km k6 gsxr 1000 with ohlins piston kit and springs in the front and a su503 in the back, brembo master, PC3, QS, vortex rearsets, micron system and other bits of fruit for $10k

and ive just bought a 5,600km 2010 CBR 1000 with 30mm carts up front and a ttx in the back, vortex rearsets, PC5, QS, brembo master, full ti akra system, and other bits of fruit for $10k

not a bad upgrade i think. ;)

now to hunt around and find out some set ups for the blade :)

cheers.joe.

17. FastrnU

FastrnU Well-Known Member

im in the same boat. had an 06 gsxr 1000, sold it and ive been considering the 08+ CBR 1000.

whats the verdict??

18. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

2012 cbr1000.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

You on that kick now?:D

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

They're a riot right up until the cam pulse sensor fails and the motor shuts down mid-race.