1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just sold my 06 gsxr 1000 what next??

Discussion in 'General' started by crazymofo, May 7, 2012.

1. bondo

bondo WERA West #5

I went from an 06 gsxr1000 to an 08 cbr1000. Great handling bike, but the lack of power out of the honda is a real let down

2. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

I vote for the new zx-10 (it gets unbelievable power from a ecu reflash)

3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

spose i should add an update. my previous best on the gixxer of Queensland Raceway was 1:16.8,

3rd trackday session in on the blade with springs to match a 70kg rider (im 95kg lol) i was able to rattle off a 1:17.1. with consistant 1:17.1-4's for the rest of the day. (5x 15min sessions over all)

the blade is MUCH easier to corner and much easier to change direction, however i do find the power is only slightly more then the gixxer it replaced.

i dont know whats been done internally to my blade, but one of australias most renowned honda tuners has had some time inside the engine (it is still Superstock legal here except for the upped 14.4k rev limit)

power out of the corners was equal to the gixxer, with only a slight more power up top, i found i was able to run with basic tuned zx10r down the back straight.

the gixxer had a PC3, IM, QS, dialed stock cams, a full micron system, bmc race filter.

the blade has a HRC ECU and loom (lots of things not activated due to superstock rules) and whatever else done internally, k&n filter, full akra system.

handling wise, the gixxer had a revalved and respring ohlins, SU503 rear shock (306mm eye) teamed with revalved ohlins piston kitted 08 gsxr forks with correct springs, 08 triples used as well, forks set to show 6mm above triples.

blade had ohlins TTX rear shock revalved with k-tech 310 eye to eye, sprung to suit 70kg rider (i had 45mm sag at 100% preload lol) forks are ohlins 30mm carts again spring to soft.
    172mm HRC link and forks showing 4mm above triples.

I found the blade had much more stabilty into and mid way through corners, dispite the fact the blades been jacked up massively in the rear. and also found the blade was able to hold line on power better, i did notice that the blade would give up more rear edge grip to the gixxer tho.

as for the brakes... the blades brakes are a revelation compared to the gixxer, the gixxer had galfer wave rotors, galfer pads, speigler lines, brembo 19x18 master with rbf600 fluid., the blade had stock rotors (buttons replaced to full floater) goodridge lines and brembo 19x18 master, with super dot 4 fluid. the blade consistantly stopped better then the gixxer no matter the circumstances

all in all, im happy to have made the update to the machine, i certainly feel theres more potential to go faster on the blade, where as i found i was struggling to push faster on the gixxer, weather this is due to the bike specifically or a placebo effect i dont know. either way, all that matters i go faster, and if it means riding the blade, so be it.

sorry for the long reply!!!

cheers.joe.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  4. You will spend a ton of money to not realize much of a difference if you go from an '06 Gix 1k to an '08 Gix 1k.

The best value is the new ZX-10, followed by the BMW.