1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a Book

Discussion in 'General' started by sill'r B sill'd, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

I'm almost finished with Steve Jobs biography, by Walter Isaacson. It's been a good read. I'm going to start reading the Albert Einstein or Benjamin Franklin biography written by Isaacson next. I read "Into The Wild", I'm going to check out that "Into Thin Air" book after the good reviews I've seen on here.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serge absolutely kicks ass. History buff, vigilante, serial killer, what more can you ask for from a hero? :D

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I can't remember the name but have Dave mail it to ya. It's a good read.

5. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Yo DaveK, what he said.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I keep looking at that as maybe something I'll pick up but Mickey is a dickhole and I'd don't want to give that tool another penny of my money.

Hawk - I do. Really, they're the only stuff I like right now.

Chuck - when I get to the house I'll find it. PM me your address and I'll try and get it in the mail to you in the next few days.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Half-Price-Books!

8. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

The Botany of Desire - Michael Pollan - an interesting look at the world

Gravitys Rainbow - Thomas Pynchon - works on sooo many levels

Anything by John McPhee

Anything by Andei Codrescu

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I bought a 3-pack of Charley Boorman's motorcycle travel books (including Race to Dakar and Over the Edge) for like 14$. Lots of good reading in there.

11. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

[QUOTE
    Unbroken
    Laura Hillenbrand

This book was a great read. Read it between 2 cross country flights, couldn't put it down.

12. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

And we can tell :Poke:

:D I started reading Game of Thrones a while back but haven't gotten back into it again. Definitely some great suggestions here though.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Found a very dog eared copy of Flatland while looking for the replacement's book. Freakin' great book.

14. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Murakami's newest '1Q84' but if you have never read Murakami "Wind Up Bird Chronicle" is one of my favorites.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Anyone ever read anything from a guy named Steven Lawhead? He wrote this series about 'King Arthur' and the knights of the roundtable type of series about 20 years ago. The first book was 'Taliesen', the second was 'Merlin', the third was 'Arthur', and, I think there were two more. If You like the old tales of Sorcery and Knighthood You'd enjoy it. If anyone is interested, I'll try to dig them up and ship them to You. It's good stuff.:)

16. MotorPsycho

MotorPsycho Registered Lurker

"The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. A good story from a dog's point of view.

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The wife gave me Ghost Country by Patrick Lee. It was really kewl. Lots of surprises.

18. mc95

mc95 Member

Really disappointed it took this long for this book to come up. One of my favorites. Grizzard is fuuny. Starting on Faulkner now.

19. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

The last book I read (like 3 years ago) was "The art of racing in the rain" It was damn good, and has been discussed here before.

I pulled my "band of brothers" book off the shelf a few weeks ago, and have been meaning to read that again...... but I probably wont. I will just continue to look at it laying on the coffee table, and then look at the RRW next to it and just flip though it again and again and again

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Yeah, what's Mickey's dealio? He keeps talking about Joey and Johnny screwing him out of money for songs that he apparently wrote and vocals and shit he did for the band. I'd never even heard of the guy.