1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's your damn license?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Dec 13, 2011.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know those guys, Larry, Moo and Curly.

2. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks Mongo, looks like I'll be getting my wera license for next season and atleast hit up a round at Vegas.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

been here since '08, i think. my Provisional license from this past season is still sitting in my key-bowl, waiting to be mailed in to WERA.

4. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Passed the EB school in 98'. Raced till i was flat broke in 01'. Had twin daughters, wife freaked about racing, started doing track days in 01. Signed up for the bbs in 01. Have not laughed so much since i found out Papa was a honkey.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm with him on this one. Worst I've been hurt is at a trackday. Not a race.

With this years Lic I'm half way there on the lifetime one.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Mmmmm, roasted pineapple........

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Technically, Mongo is just another PN....

:D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Track days--No crashes.
    Actual Race--IDK?
    Pre-race practice-- Has been murder.
    Got a license in April 2011 and crashed in pre-race practice. Rotator cuff blow out. Gone for a year. Got a WERA license August 2012, "...just make it to the grid...just make it to the grid." Crashed in another pre-race practice. Surgery to the other shoulder. Suddenly my wife hates motorcycle racing, "...maybe you're just not any good at this sport."

Might work for ya'll pretty boys, but not for us mutts.

9. stow

stow Well-Known Member

I have been around here and doing trackdays since 2005. I did my first and only race event at Barber in 2006. I crashed in the my very first race on the first lap trying to pass on the outside of turn 12. Funny how I forgot the track goes to the right after you crest the hill. It must have been that red-mist I read about. Second race of the day my shifter fell off on the third lap. I actually finished my third and final race.

After that, my wife said I crash too much, and I am a danger to myself and other people. She banished me to trackday riding only. :down:

I renewed my still provisional novice license this year hoping to get out and race, but it didn't happen. Let's see if 2012 works out.

10. stow

stow Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought I had a bad crash history. You have already crashed in the future. :crackup:

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I really miss the "you don't race, wtf do you know" arguments that used to pop up occasionally.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

'07...waiting for "super senior" class...ie 60 and greater. Actually, not 60 for another few months. :D

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Super Senior? For real? :eek:

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

:crackup::mad:crashing increases synapse ruination.

15. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Bought a license last year, some shit came up, and I wasn't able to race with wera. Got one blackhawk race (dumb) and a AMA AM (putnam)race in.

This year, hell or high water I WILL be out there more.

16. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

"He who shall remain nameless" or a member who shall remain nameless..?? Just checking.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Did trackdays for a whole summer.

Next summer got my liscense with CCS back in summer 04 or 05 I think.

Won the mock race.

Did some more trackdays and had a good hit to the head toward end of summer. Was actually seeing and hearing shit.

Bought a foreclosure.

Haven't been back since.

Miss my apartment more and more each day.

Still got old faithful in the garage, I'd really like to do it again. Spending 1K a weekend ain't easy though.

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Well... I pit crewed for a guy few years ago. WERA sprints, and a couple AMA events at Barber. Very cool being on the grid of a Superbike race. Best races I have ever been too. I have the pics of Spies, Yates, on the grid somewhere.

As a matter of fact, I even helped the famous Skip Salenius out a couple times at Barber, though i was there crewing for another guy under the team embry banner. :)

19. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I had a AMA am lic back in 1973...:D

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Wow...I was born in 1973...:D