1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's your damn license?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Do you think tracks days are safer? I don't believe that for a sec. Look at the body count at track days vs race days.

I feel much safer in a race than on a track day.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, no. You can buy a WERA license without taking ANY portion of ANY school. You simply are not allowed to race until the point you pass a school. You can buy the license and get your id and bike numbers assigned and all of that prior to going to an event or school. Happens all the time...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hyper has been around tracks as a pit bike, the Buell hasn't. Neither have done a track day although I did do one on the DRZ.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

the wera actuaries have the lifetime license figured out. i got my free license the year i retired. i didnt get a damn thing from it. some real bean counters over there i tell ya. :D

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

like I said, learn something new everyday. :up:

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That's cause everyone knows a WERA license will help you get chicks.

7. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

The races following your first win = Why am I not winning these?:crackup:

8. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

Dude - Harry has told me this story before. I didn't know you were the guy...small world! The Tomlinson's are some of the best people in the CMRA paddock.

Also, I didn't know he raced a Hawk. That is even cooler...I knew there was another unknown reason I liked him :)

9. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Im guilty.

Was planning on racing (un fortunatley not WERA) this past year, but being young and broke, i was lucky to stick to corner working for track time at INDE. then the trackday co. Left az, and i just cant afford it anymore (for now).

On track to make $18k this year. Maybe if i was on unemployment i could race.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Joined WERA in 1985.

Lifetime Member in 1995.

Last race in 1999.

On the BBS since 3/15/2002.

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

If I have my expert ccs license will that carry over to wera or do I need to retake everything to race with you guys? I couldn't afford to travel to a wera event last year but want to in 2012, with 4 #1 championships my rookie year in ccs I want to see how I stand against you guys.

O... And my first 3 races were my first 3 wins, stupid exciting and a confidence booster but have had way more fun fighting for 3rd place a few times

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: breathe :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You just have to buy a WERA license and you're good to go.

15. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Awe come on. It was funny.... you cant just blow that one off :D :Poke:

It took me like ten minutes in MS paint to make that :crackhead: :crackup:

16. [​IMG]

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i would be an awful street rider. havent ridden on the road in over 10 years. i couldnt even ride a wheelie last time i tried.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Funniest drawings since Chip's report card. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Blow what off? The cows? Hell, I get the same group following me around and protesting when I got to a brazilian steakhouse too :D