1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst piece of shit you ever owned:

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Nov 17, 2011.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Thanks, as noted somewhere in this meandering thread, I bought Anna hers in 2000. NO upcharge, but full window sticker.

She put 156K miles on it with very few problems.

She really LOVED that little thing for her commute into the city.

Then she fell in love with the Honda Fit Sport so we got her an `09 when Honda was blowin' `em out to make room for the `10s.

2. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

My first car, 1971 Mercury Montego. There was so much rusted out on the lower doors you could almost see the street as you were driving.

In retrospect, that car was actually the best value in miles per $$$ of anything I've ever owned! I paid $100 for it, put ~17,000 miles on it (beating the living piss out of it), it threw the timing chain (out of my league at the time). Junked it for $70. Soooo...a totally investment of $30 (minus fuel) for 17,000 miles! Not bad if you ask me! ;)

3. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

What about shoes nowadays. They are all made in China and they all suck dick. The uppers/stitching always fails before the sole wears out (most commonly, the whole rubber sole delaminates from the upper) and they just plain suck. I hate every pair of shoes I have.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Red wing still makes their shoes in the US. Some Ralph Lauren are made in the US (and the UK) and so are some New Balance. If you want made in the USA shoes, you can find 'em.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm 99% sure that all New Balance shoes are proudly made in Maine. :up:

6. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Made in USA yeah, whatever... Does the fucking sole still fucking come off?:D

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I only wear Merrell's, they are made in China and they last forever.

Maybe they have better QC.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Best car i ever had?

bought a 500 dollar civic when my 5.0 stang got totalled and needed a ride for the winter...didnt wanna spend money on a nice car i was gonna throw into the canadian winter.

i ended up driving that 91 HB Civic (had a 96 1.6 engine in it) for almost a year.

I beat the living snot out of it and it just kept taking it and asking for more. When winter ended and i started to shop around for cars i actively tried to ruin the thing. Powershifts, clutch dumps, not changing the oil on time, you name it. Nope...still drove and got great gas mileage. Ended up selling it for 500 bucks a year later.

9. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Pioneer double din CD/Bluetooth head unit. POS would lock up every time I started the car and would prompt to "search source" mode. After leaving work on a very frustrating day I decided Pioneer should try making flying electronic devices, the experiment didn't end too well for the radio but it was satisfying to watch.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I have a pair of Nike Shox that I bought back in 2007. I wear them once or twice a week and they get thrown in the wash every few weeks.

My trail running shoes (Adidas Kanadia) lasted 2 years until the left shoe bottom completely separated. A little shoo goo and we're back in business.

Worst shoes I ever bought were a set of Kenneth Cole's..

11. V2Neal

V2Neal Well-Known Member

You must float around like Chris Angel. I bought a pair, and they were comfy and well made, but the soles wore out in a year. I wouldn't say they were thin, but I could stand on a dime and tell if it were heads or tails. Ah well.

12. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

Hand me down Poluan Chain-saw....if it started it was a miracle and then it ran for 4 seconds of cutting then it was done for the month.

That or my stupid pocket bike i got in college.....that thing ran right for about 1 week and then has been a project ever other day since

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

SAS, made in San Antonio. I've been to the store south of St. Augustine on 95, but according to their site, there's one in Edgewater, too.

14. RB

RB Well-Known Member

I have had good luck with most of our cars [ except for a TR6 with demons ] but I did just remember my frigging chinese full drill bit set [ the big set ]. About a month ago I was going to drill out the main jet on a 20HP Briggs V twin so it would run good on the just 10% ethanol pump gas. The chinese didn't have all the different sizes in stock so they just sent extras of the ones they did have !!!!

BTW, the motor runs astoundingly better with the mj opened up app .005.

15. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

i'm really hard on shoes to

try some Adidas next time for everyday shoes

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

My SIDI boot at the `09 GNF.

Try goin' into a Southern WalMart and askin' the barely english-speakin' 'help' for Shoe Goo.

I'm surprised I didn't get arrested as a pervert...

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Wouldn't that be "Shoo Goo Gai-Pan?"

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"You want to buy the shoe? The goo? You want to buy the poo? You have the flu? The cow says moo? Thank you, come again!"

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Make more goo?

20. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Edgewater?

Ain't shit in Edgewater.