1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A change in venue

Discussion in 'General' started by Dennis Piert, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Dennis Piert

Dennis Piert Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be many of you not so concerned about my ill fate approaching soon. I'm retiring from the US Navy after 21 years, and relocating to Phoenix, AZ. I'm considering an attempt at racing once stateside, but fear that my time here at the Jerez circuit will have ruined any flavor of racing for me stateside (other than the track at Barber). Am I just delirious, or should I actually try the tracks in the states? Where may I start close to Phoenix? I pray that the US will come to its senses and build Grand Prix quality tracks like Barber has. What shall I do without my Formula One pit box? No power, no air, no water, no electric doors, no hot Spanish lady handing out the keys? HELP!!!:confused:
    Dennis

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Just because you have been using world class track doesn't mean you can't have fun on a lesser quality track.;)

3. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

2 words. F You! :p Look you are going to have to deal with roughing it compared to what you are getting.

4. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

You still get to go fast and brake several times. A track is way more fun if you are riding it:) Sitting around watching sucks

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

try 'firebird' when you get to az. it's a dragstrip with a very windy return road. my only concern was coming out of the last turn, across the strip and into the wall. there's also a firebird east(?) course but i haven't ridden it.
    as a bonus, if you keep the bike in the trailer with the doors closed, you won't need to waste money on tire warmers. :D it gets mighty hot out there.

links to bike tracks across the country:
    http://www.geocities.com/bynum_s/alltrack.htm

Last edited: Aug 19, 2003
  6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'd suggest needle point or possibly crochet. Much safer and more fun for a jaded individual suh as yourself...

7. Dennis Piert

I want to keep riding on the track, and I would really like to race since that is the most fun I've had whenever on the track. It sounds like some are pissed because I've had it so easy for so long, and hey, to bad. Your more than welcome to join the Navy for a tour of duty and negotiate your way to Spain... good luck. Thing is I still haven't heard much in the way of where to go for a good experience. Thanks for the note about the drag strip, but I was hoping for better. Anyone heard about a test facility Phoenix was bidding to build? Where is my closest WERA race? How is Phoenix Int. to ride? Give me some hope for a future in Road Racing.

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

whatever dennis. you haven't raced VIR. it's nice without the purty colored rumble strips. never seen a track as cool as road atlanta in spain either. nope, nor daytona. keep yer grass and shitty smelling women. ;)

tosser.

9. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

I was in Rota, Spain for two years and made many trips to Jerez and I got to say that no matter what track you are on, ALL are great.
    Its not so much the track its what you make of it. One of my best tracks I like going to is Summit Point, yes with all the bumbs and concrete strips in the corners, what makes Summit so good is the people, racers and the cornerworkers.
    I do miss the Spain and how everyone is involved in motorcycling!

By the way make us sick and tell us how much it cost for a track day there (Jerez). I remember paying a whole $40 for a day.

10. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

I dont want to start anything but Mad Brad if you never been there I wouldnt say that, most of the women there are drop dead gorgeous. And If you were there did you get out Rota or just make it to the outside of the gate and only see one or two streets. If so you cant judge Spain by that.

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

been there. they look great, and smell terrible.

12. Dennis Piert

You again

Brad,
    I really hate getting into any conversation with you, but here goes. It looks like you are as confused as always with your knowledge of places, people, and events. Spanish ladies don't dare go out in public without proper atire, and freshly showered. In Spain if you wear a T-Shirt in public you are considered "American". The ladies are rarely fat, and most are quite beautiful. There are 5 (count them dumbass) race tracks from Madrid south that have grand prix quality layouts with safety built into every turn. They all have garages, and cost no more than $90 for the entire day to ride. I usually pay $70 dollars for 5 half hour sessions at Jerez, and my annual racing licence cost a whopping $192 for both the regional, and national series. During the 8 race weekends at 4 different tracks I only pay for the friday practice sessions, while Sat./Sun. track days are included in my licence fee.
    Why is it that most everyone else responded to my post positively, and then you pipe in with this negative crap? Because you are an unhappy little boy. Grow up and start to look on the positive side of things so that the rest of us can quit defending common sense.

13. Dennis Piert

Thanks

The track has increased it's price, but not by much. If you are a federated racer you pay $70-$90 for a full day. If you pay $90 you get a T-Shirt, drinks, food, and door prizes. Now days a club rents the track, and they sell spots vise the track doing all the administrative work.

14. Dennis Piert

Prove it

OK Mr. Know-it-all,
    Prove you've been to Spain. Tell me where you were, and I'll ask you a question specific to that place. Odds are you will have no idea the answer. You most likely don't even own a passport. Get off my thread.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: You again

well, sounds like your stupid ass should stay if it's soooooo great. {or you could shut up complaining and race here}

and bullshit, the women stink in spain.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rolleyes:

17. Dennis Piert

Re: Re: You again

You just don't know when to shut your trap. The women in Greece do stick very bad, but the women in Spain make most any other women second place; period.
    :cool:
    Why haven't you told me about where you have been here? Because you haven't ever been here... dahh.:eek:
    Thanks to help from other people on this board I'm going to make some track days when I return, and if I could stay I would have but I'm retiring and my new job is in the states. Do I need to draw your knuckle draggin' brain a picture?:rolleyes:

18. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Sorry to unhijack the thread but back to topic.

Also near Phoenix is Arizona Motorsports Park (but it is having sound issues with neighbors an air force base :rolleyes: ) and then you have the two Firebirds mentioned as well as relative short hop over to Willow.

As far as race org CCS races out there and you might be better served on their message board WERA is pretty much east coast only (1 {2?} races west of Mississippi)

19. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

After being on the tracks ... over there ,
    you have been spoiled. Nothing here will ever
    compare. It is to bad motorcycle racing in the U.S. A.
    is not like over-seas. It is a great sport but
    when BuBBa say NASCAR . . motorcycles and the racing
    there of looses out. ( thats to bad ).

20. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Yo he pasado todo el verano en Espana hasta 1988 en Punta Humbria, cerca de Sevilla. Yo tenia el tiempo de mi vida y las mujeres estaban bonitisima!!!!! Yo no conocia algun mujeres a pesto. Beun suerte encontrando un carrera buena en los Estados Unidos. VIR y Barber son los mejores aqui.

Spanish chicks are hot!!! (and don't stink!)