1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSB and SS weights changed today.

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, May 23, 2011.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

No I don't watch any racing:rolleyes:

I know it's early, but disalvo seems pretty dominant so far, and pj has had some great rides but his avg finish last year was like 15th...

2. Chip

Chip Registered

This is from my third post in this thread and I stand by it...

Jason has won races in the AMA in SS and SSTK. He has raced in Moto2, 250GP, and 125GP.

Jason has always had incredible speed but has lacked the race craft and displine to run up front with pressure...he has obviously learned to hold up under the pressure and his race craft has improved. He is a force to be reconed with this year.....no matter what the bike.

PJ has won races and impressed at every level he as raced at including Flat-Track, Clubracing, 125GP, 250GP, Spanish CEV,and AMA Pro last year. He is one of the best young riders in the country and I expected this no matter what bike we was riding this year.

In Qualifying Jason was a second faster than 2nd place the entire session.....a litte more horsepower doesn't equal a second around Miller......maybe a few 10ths.......but a second is a bike/rider that is doing everything better than the other guys.

3. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

Dont forget he would occasionally challenge Mladin and Spies in Superbike on the Yamaha as well.

I think this is the case the Buell had with Eslick. Right bike, right rider.
    Kinda like Josh on the Yamaha. Seems he is loving that bike...

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I know that the HP difference is more than a little...and I must slightly disagree. Miller is a horsepower track, and although not a Daytona or Elkhart, the first and last sectors of the track reward that Ducati torque and top speed. Ask that Checa dude.

So eff off, Chip.

5. ton

ton Arf!

um. Ducati top speed? relative to what, the Pedercini bikes?

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Sorry. In the AMA, which we are discussing here, the Ducatis are 1-2-3 in trap speeds. The Checa comment was tongue-in-cheek.

7. ton

ton Arf!

understood, just ballbustin' :beer:

8. Chip

Chip Registered

HP ain't making a second.....MthrEfer.....:cool:

Circa 2007 Ben Spies rode SSTK and SBK that year and at Miller qualified a second slower in SSTK than SBK....same rider, same day, same track....clearly the SBK bike had a lot more stuff than just a motor....but the SBK motor had about 35hp and it was still only a second.

DiSalvo does not have 35hp more than Herrin...and he damn sure doesn't have a works chassis, 16.5's, SBK Brakes, SBK electronics, etc...etc....all he has is 15 or so more hp, 45lbs more weight, and he is riding REALLY well........

9. Disalvo is in his groove, enough said.

10. gqnugget

gqnugget Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  11. JohnnyTheboy

JohnnyTheboy Well-Known Member

That ten cylinder 50cc sounds like a bitch to rebuild.:D

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the nice thing would be after youre done racing it... just pop it back in your r/c car/truck. :D

13. gqnugget

gqnugget Well-Known Member

Just make a nice spec class using the factory dyno. Lets say .175hp max per lb (bike and rider weight). You could build alot of bikes.

14. Chip

Chip Registered