1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1/R6 Calipers on GSXR - Which Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WERA_864, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I've adjusted them with pliers using the inner part of the plier which is more round than the pintcher part.

2. WERA_864

WERA_864 Well-Known Member

Yeah I used new ones.

If they weren't tight there would be fluid seepage there, or bubbles when I bled I imagine. Ive run multiple bottles of brake fluid through the system with not a single bubble.

If you search for threads created by me you will find a thread about it. Others have the same issue, and a lot of users on Gixxer.com.

3. holmapau

holmapau Member

Did you ever find out the thread pitch on the OEM Brembo R6? I have an 06 R6 and im not sure what banjo bolt to get.

Thanks,

Paul

4. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

I have the same setup had Speigler make me there GSXR lines with straight fittings on the caliper end.. Done!

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anyone with an '05 GSXR1000 bother doing this mod with positive results?

6. 97BladeRider

97BladeRider Too old for this sh!t

Just an FYI, since I spent the better part of an hour looking for the right answer and finally got fed up and just installed an R1 master I picked up.

The pitch for the stock R1/R6 Brembo MC is 10x1.25 or the coarse thread type. It is the same thread used an a Nissin radial MC.

7. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

We had huge problems with our front Gixxer brakes.
    Clean and rebuild the calipers and MC with new seals, bleed the system out using Castrol SRF fluid, make sure your lines are in good condition and snug. After that our brakes were completely rockin'.

All in all, we suffered for months until Britt straightened us out on the deal. We also went back from carbon to sintered pads for more initial bite. Worked very well.