1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? for the Non Punks

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Wife says you can't buy a bike, can't road race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you do?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. six6two

six6two AWD

Say you can. :D

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Do it anyway???

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Kick yourself for marrying her ass? ;)

5. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

:stupid:let her know who runs it.

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

1) Decide what is more important to you. Racing/Her

2) Discuss things with her calmly. Try to convince her.

If she doesn't see it your way refer to #1 and act accordingly. If you lean towards bike/racing then figure if you can afford it after "court costs"...

7. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

buy the bike, get your gear... buy her some flowers n shiny stuff n say something sweet... might distract her lol

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ask the girlfriend?

If she says yes then those two answers cancel each other and your safe.

:D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Whose money are "we" talking about? Your's? Buy the bike and go racing! Her's? Hookers and blows!

10. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

Depends on why she doesn't want you to race... If it's because of safety issues, you're fucked. If it's the financial reason, find a little side business that finances your racing? (of course she will probably bitch about you spending too much time on said business.) Either way you're fucked :(

11. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

buy a new wife

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm a dick so I'd just calmly tell her its not up for discussion and there's the door if you don't like it. If we really couldn't afford it she may have a point but if its just cause she doesn't like it then adios.

13. six6two

six6two AWD

Wrong.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Now THERE is a man that runs his own house! :up:

...and who's wife doesn't read the beeb.... :tut:

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ask her if she thinks you can't find a new garage to park your penis in as well.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Depends on why the wife says you can't.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm a punk, but I will try anyway.

If you have no other vises, you have a chance. If, on the other hand, you have regular party buds or have another "annoying" hobby (to her), you may be SOL.

See, she don't want you to be unhappy in your life (well, most likely). A tough guy flatbiller like you has gots to have an "outlet" too. ONE outlet.

You must take baby steps my good fellow. Don't shoot your wad in 30 seconds, they generally don't like that. Talk. Tell her about your modest goals and the great benefits earned from such a small investment. This is a PROCESS.

If you need more information, buy my book. If not, I'd recommend consulting the law firm that represents only men: Bender, Hoover and Focker.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

8000 posts and your just now wondering how to get a bike??

just buy the bike and stick it in the garage.. when she sees it you can tell her you've had it for weeks.. easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Grab a couple glasses of wine and sit down and talk it over. If her points are justified (finances, health, etc.) then you owe it the both of you to step away until you are more financially stable or your health has improved. However a significant part of me feels as though you already know the answers.

20. six6two

six6two AWD

Right now, step one should be make sure she doesn't read the BBS. :D Honestly though, I would go at it with a gradual strategy. Ease her into it.