1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone4 4.2.1 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'General' started by f4capt, Apr 5, 2011.

1. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

+1 - I've only used GreenPois0n and have never had issues.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

AT&T has not sent this email to all jailbreakers, maybe AT&T has a way to tell what phones are Jailbroken, that's a non issue since jailbreaking has been ruled legal.
    What I think they have done is target the hugh data whores, I have only used over 4 gigs twice since I've had the iPhone most of the time I clock in around 1.6 to 2 gigs, no email warning here.

3. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

I've heard about people getting text messages about using MyWi, but haven't gotten one myself either. I only really use it when we're at the track or on the road, so definitely not that much to where it should be an issue.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Green poison wouldn't work on my old Iphone 3g, so I had to use red snow. It's worked pretty well, but the phone is pretty slow now. I originally jailbroke it so I could tether my IPad on the way to races. I'd do it again for BiteSMS alone, though. For tethering I use PdaNet, which is free, but not perfect. It occasionally turns wifi off, so I have to reactivate it. It only takes 2 button presses, so not really a big deal. I never tried Mywi, so I'm not sure if it's worth the $20.

5. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

If it's just the data usage then that coud be argued now with Netflix and other streaming. I have a coworker that uses twice or more data I use in a month and is not JB-en.

6. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

People that have unlimited data grandfathered in on an existing plan can use a jailbreak tether without being charged for a tethering plan.

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Anyone tried a 4.3.1 JB yet?
    Seems RedSn0w is the only option?

8. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

I didnt know there was an untethered jb for 4.3 yet
    I now you can do a tethered jailbreak for it, havent tried it though

9. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

I have a Droid Evo flashed to Metro PCS. Has all the main functions and its only $50 a month versus the $160 Sprint wanted a month.

10. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Yep worked great for me.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, I did it a couple of days ago.

Strange thing that happened with my phone....I have a 3GS and have been running on 3.1.3 for quite some time now. I tried 4.01 and it really drained the battery alot more than I would have liked, so I reverted it back to 3.1.3, jailbroke and have been running like that since about September I think.

Out of nowhere like 2 weeks ago my battery started draining like ridiculously quick. Would go from full charge to dead on standby in about 5 hours, maybe less. Never did anything like this before. I thought the battery was toast. So I figured what the hell, upgraded it to 4.3.1 to wipe it fresh and it's been working just great, battery life is just as good as it was on any 3.x version. It's a tiny bit slower, but I was expecting that. And I jailbroke it with Redsnow and it's working OK. There's a few Cydia apps that don't work just yet with the latest jailbreak, so I'm waiting to see if they release some updates. I JB'd with Redsnow 0.9.6rc12

Redsnow is an untethered jailbreak yes.

12. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Yes, but apparently still issues if you unlock as well. If you only JB then you should be fine. I'll wait till all the Cydia apps get updated. I'm fine with 4.2.1 for now.

http://thebigboss.org/2011/04/04/4-3-1-untethered-jailbreak-out

13. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

3G is just not powerful enough to run all the latest toys. Switched to a 3GS last week and it's night and day.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me, I really need to sell my 3gs.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me, I really need to sell my 3gs.

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

You can say that again!:)

17. six6two

six6two AWD

For the record, I've got the Droid X and the iPhone 4. The Droid walks all over the iPhone. The only thing I wish my Droid had that my iPhone does is a front facing camera(just for bling, no one uses them :D) and iTunes.

18. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

As if anyone gives a shit what you have on your record? In case you didn't notice, this isn't a Droid versus iPhone thread. It's not even a Droid thread. So put it somewhere else. :up: And maybe...maybe just find that thread that's out there that discusses that each generation of each phone will surpass the other. iPhone 5 will be out in June, will take the lead, then the same will happen for the Droid.