1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durrani magnesium wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger Van der Jackass, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Dear Moldy, the entirety of life is a wheel. Stop being so down and enjoy the ride, my little rusky friend. :)

2. TheMoldMaker

TheMoldMaker Well-Known Member

i like nickname 'moldy'. it give feeling of belong. how i change my name of moldmaker here?

3. charles

charles The Transporter

I sense progress here...our Comrade from Magnitogorsk wants to move on, hopefully on the Path of Circularity.

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Hi Moldy,
    Any progress on the DT1 hubs? I think we need to make a design change. Vintage rules require drum brakes. Can you design a 4 leading shoe, double sided drum brake hub that will fit ? The rules also require spoked wheels, so can you make the hub small enough that we can connect it to the great wheels with wee little baby spokes?

Ken

5. TheMoldMaker

ok.

6. TheMoldMaker

fine because you call moldy which i like. i don't give free work but you sound smart. i make it easy for you but it cost. i look all front brakes but no good. ceriani, fontana, grimeca, oldani, all make nice brake four leading shoes, magnesum, but not like my design for vostok racing machine.

my brake made special techniq, like dave degens first class. You want 36 or 40 hole spoke? i give scalop spoke for strength lightweight saving. better handle and stop. no bending spoke when tire rip off rim. no good. i make all magnesum hub and shoe plate four leading shoe type. 230 maybe 250mm depend on how i feel.

No pig dog brake like suzuki GT750. too heavy. only fool use. no stop on time maybe bike too big.

my design best even duranti cant do. I make special formula. lot of them for magnesium making. you cant touch this. no one can. i rusky mold maker.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

:wow: Looks like we got a 'real deal' craftsman online, and I thought this 'moldmaking' schtick was just a cover! Where did you learn this skill? Now you vintage racing guys who need special made front brakes know where to go. :up:

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Water Buffalo too heavy? Bravo Sierra!

Some damn fast fools used `em!

[​IMG]

9. TheMoldMaker

now you come and be nice. you think i just prety face? :mad:

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Yes, it's heavy, I had one years ago...TR750 Barton-prepared, strong power delivery, not at all peaky or highly stressed...but heavy. Certainly different, took it to Summit Point, did a few laps in practice, felt the weight, didn't like it, and retired it. Sent back to England and sold to a collector in Japan. Oh did I say it was heavy? Yes, it was heavy.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That one was built with some Aussie frame by Will and Jimmy Lee at Lufkin Cycle Barn. They asked me to try it out at Texas World Speedway.

I suggested the little retarded kid that hung around our pits ride it.
    Damn he was fast!

12. TheMoldMaker

i say yes water bufflo too heavy. sound like you race this animal. i talk brake not bike. get sory straight plees. you want niceer front brake you want vostok.

13. TheMoldMaker

i fell on head last week so my enlish not good as befor

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That's ok Mouldy. A hundred from now you probably won't even remember it.:)

15. TheMoldMaker

rember wat?

16. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

17. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

18. lavigna

lavigna Perfectly Normal...

Awesome!

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.