1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Paul to lead Fed oversight panel

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by hank748, Dec 9, 2010.

1. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is a bulldog and the Fed. is his fav. bone

2. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is an Austrian (Austrian Economics)vs Keynesian Economics kind of guy. Keynes philosophy, central banking and FDR type error is a big portion of our current economic mess. Mr. Paul advocates the abolition of the fed, not a bad idea, but, he will just get the run around from the banking cartel. Fractional reserve banking is big business and all countries use it and those that are behind it are not going to let go, ever. For more info on where Paul gets his school of thought (on economics) go to:

www.mises.org

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ahem...

Would you like a side of contrition for that very large plate of crow you dished yourself up? :Poke:

4. Trikky74

Trikky74 Well-Known Member

Are you actually going to act like you had said earlier in the post that the R. Paul, which I wrote at the beginning or my response, was in all actuality Ron Paul?

I don't understand why you didn't just say that then.

Fine, if thats the case and my comments were not correct, as applied to Rand Paul as were your responses, then I need to eat crow.

Cheers

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It's OK to be wrong. It's what I've come to expect from you. I won't hold it against you.

Jeers

6. Trikky74

Thank you Mr. Ad hominem, thank you.

Cheers

7. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

New Schism Between Fed and Government

The Fed and the Government have enjoyed a cozy, 100 yr old cushy deal [at the expense of the American people ].
    Nobody really understood this before Ron Paul and others started objecting 40 yrs ago.
    But now everyone agrees the current debt and spending are "unsustainable".
    The Fed knows this and is trying to get the Congress to drastically cut spending--they want to preserve their cushy deal.
    Congress is not listening because there is no politically acceptable solution- they want to preserve THEIR cush deal [getting reelected]
    The Fed will eventually shut off the money faucet [when inflation kicks in strong and theatens their cushy deal.]
    This cannot end well, there will be bankruptcy.
    This won't happen all at once; they will kill one program before another, depending on how big the voting block is.
    Bottom line, if you depend on a government check you are vulnerable.

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

cite please.

cite please.

cite please.

cite please.

cite please.

cite please.

I'm looking for information from you that shows if this opinion or actual verifiable fact. You state it like fact. Since that is how you state it...citing for each one should be easy.

TYIA

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

cite, please...

10. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

cite, please...

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Mrs. Johnson, 9th Grade English Composition, Monnig Junior High, Fort Worth, TX. 1962.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Bullshit. The name was Johnston and the course was Engrish Compost. Liar!:moon:

13. Tinfoil hat charly

Forget it Gig; you are a liberal and you believe what feels right, facts don't really enter into it. [If A mod tells me to cite I'll do it.]

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Irony::crackup:

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Damn that was funny! :crackup::crackup:

16. Tinfoil hat charly

OK, is there any particular assertion you take issue with the most? [I'll try to help]

17. Trikky74

I personally take issue with any stance that is projected as fact, when its nothing more than personal opinion. I agree with a few of your assertions but I think your piece reads like an opinion editorial trying to break free, granted I am not saying you are wrong entirely just unable to factually defend your opinion.

Cheers

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, you've got to link a news outlet or blog for anything to be factual. Everybody knows that.:up:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Especially if it's one that is biased towards what you already believe :D

20. Tinfoil hat charly

That's a fair criticism. I hope I'm wrong.