SBK X

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxerlvr, Nov 30, 2010.

1. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

ha thank you for playing wsbk X - Novice edition

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup: too bad i already paid the $$ :mad:

back to another subpar game for me GT5....this PS3 sucks for the price between GT5 and SBK X... :down:

3. Surfpunk84

Surfpunk84 Well-Known Member

i think with all the bikes and features alone it will be fun for a while, and thats all im looking for. Although i played the demo a zillion times and it sucked at first for the first 30min or so, but when i finally got the hang of how the controls worked, I really started to enjoy it, and the handling differences between the 1000cc and 600cc is so different and fun. I wouldnt knock it too much until you can master it, because i think at first the controls seem way too stiff and slow but when you nail it, you can slide around a bit and it becomes more realistic. Ill have to make a report on it after we play it tonight.

4. SurfingRools

you are seriously retarded. the 600's on the demo were only available in arcade mode. So now that you're done making stuff up. Please leave your metro write ups at the door.

5. Surfpunk84

You didnt notice a big difference in the weight of the bike? You're an idiot mike, and for someone who loses so badly to me in SBK08 i think i know what im talking about...

There is a big difference. And even if its arcade, you dont think theres going to be a difference in simulation? Dumb fail

6. Surfpunk84

*****SBK SUPERBOWL*****

If anyone is interested, Surfingrools and I will be having our final epic showdown tonight at 7pm EST. on SBK 08 (PS3)for ultimate bragging rights on who is the real champ. If anyone wants to watch SR get completely pwned into the dirt by me, you're more than welcome to join. SR and I have had a very long time battle in this game on who is better, its obvious its me now judging by the way he has been playing, but we'll see...

TONIGHT!!!

7. SurfingRools

Im sure there will be but to say your speculation as actual experience is your fail of the day. And there a huge dif. between sim and arcade, im will to bet the FEEL between the two are night and day.

8. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

In arcade mode, you really can take a 90* corner at 130mph drifint sideways. In sim mode, you can't take that same corner at 20mph without running off the track, and that's if you were quick enough and started turning the bike before you even got out of the last turn to make the corner entry.

9. Surfpunk84

All we play is Sim mode, when you go back to Arcade i do horrible, its really weird.

10. SurfingRools

well we'll compare lap times later mr. demented.....Ill show you how its done.

11. Nicati

Nicati Well-Known Member

That sucks I hoping it would be good I like 08 I play it more then gp. I didnt buy the new gp cause the demo sucked and was hoping that when this came out it would be better then 08. :(
    Anybody play online on the 360 for 08?? Everytime I ck theres nobody playing.

12. Demented

I may dislike the game, but I'll willing to bet I can do a lap faster than you.

For now though, I'm going back to playing some COD.

13. SurfingRools

hahahahah, Not in real life.....Not in a game son.....

14. mekrew

mekrew Active Member

motogp 03-07 are all arcade based physics and that may be what u are used to. So you can stay pinned on the gas at full lean and the bike isnt going to budge an inch? that is motogp physics, you try that on sbkx you know the results

which handling issues?

have u tried sbk x, or going by others opinion?

list your lap times and what mode you are playing in ... i have played on every sim mode and if you are running off the track THAT much you are doing something wrong. And in full sim yes if you LOCK the rear tire by holding the brake and start turning it of course the bike is going to slide into the turn until it throws u off.

I have had this game since it came out in europe, playing it on pc with my xbox controller. I am not the fastest person against the people overseas but I can hold my own. As far as controls and turning go, if you are used to motogp 03-07 physics yes it is a HUGE change. If you use the concept of front and rear brakes and the triggers in those versions then braking and completing turns with speed shouldn't be a problem at all.

From what i have read/heard the EU version yeilds faster laptimes than the US version for whatever reason, so if the US version is slower than what I am playing now and you guys are still running out of track i dunno.

If anyone cares to download it on pc and play let me know. I know me and some guys from another board who did MotoGP07 racing series plan on migrating over to SBK X and running some weekly races/series. If anyone is interested hit me up, the more the merrier. It will be xbox360 btw

15. SurfingRools

I was talking about 08, dont get me wrong I love the game and play it everyday with surfpunk. but controlled slides are nearly impossible if your mid corner and the tire drifts out ...CYA.....no saving it in most cases.

16. SurfingRools

Ill be playing SBK X when i get home today

17. Surfpunk84

Yep me too, that would be cool to have some more people get on SBK X with us, Surfingrools and I have literally been playing the game almost every single night for the past how long? 5 months or so? I cant remember, but we play a LOT and have gotten very very fast on sim mode, i dont know how much faster i could get really?

At any rate, we are getting it for ps3. GET IN ON THIS, we'll start a "Season" or something.

18. mekrew

mekrew Active Member

i don't have that problem in med sim, haven't ran full in a while been playing med sim with some guys. I slide the rear out all over the place in sbk x and cant remember my last highside or lowside event

boo ps3 .... download it on pc for free then :crackup:

19. SurfingRools

god everything you type makes you sound like the biggest tool ever:crackup:

20. Demented

Give me another day or two at the track and I'll be back up to your speed.

I actually hate the arcade physics, but MotoGP 03 was just horrid for game play. Haven't played a MotoGP game since.

That fact that it takes a country mile to change direction.

[​IMG]

Best I can remember is 1:50.xx being the best I've managed at Valencia on a Superstock 1000RR. Locking the rear tire is one thing I do like about the game. Backing it into corners is the one thing I can do good in the game.

I'm used to SBK 08 and 09 physics, which is what I'm basing this game on with how backwards it went. I don't think I've played MotoGP 03 in the last 5 years.

That's probably it. Don't know why things would change, but all the reviews I read from the EU based game are great, but everything coming out about the recently released US one, paired with my experience playing the game, it's just horrible.

The problem with running out of track in SBK X is that it just takes so damn long to to change direction and the fact that you have to go so slow through the turns. If the handling was a combination of what is in arcade mode and what is in sim mode, for the US version at least, it would be perfect.

It's like riding a Busa around Nurburgring in Tourist Trophy.