1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey 2strokers do you believe it?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by YAM#849, Dec 1, 2010.

1. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

From the 2011 AHRMA handbook:

10.3.5 FORMULA VINTAGE: Includes 500 Premier, Formula 750, Sportsman 750 and
    Formula 500. Also includes:
    H onda CB550 four-cylinders
    Yamaha Tz 750, 500, 350, 250, Rz 350 (no displacement limit of the 250 and 350 twins)
    Suzuki Rg500, Tr 750, GT 750
    Kawasaki H2R 750, KR 750.
    NOTE: If you have a machine you believe would fit into this class but is not listed, submit an
    eligibility request form found on page 97.

A new day is dawning...

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Carl,
    Sweet news. Can you find out of an RZ can run USD forks. How about 4 piston calipers (non-radial)?

Also, what about aftermarket frames such as Spondon and hybrid bikes like my Aprilia RS chassis and RZ motor?

3. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Wow......ahrma now has a clubman class......:beer:

4. YAM#849

It's probably gonna need some interpretation. The class they added them to has been a 1982 cutoff (AHRMA Superbike). But it's not as specific as I think it could be on these added bikes. Not my committee, so I can't give you a real answer until those guys have a look. (Lile, Mork, and Slark)

5. I would say 99.99999 percent chance no upside down forks or radial calipers. The only class in the past with those allowances were Battle of Twins and Sound of Thunder which is specifically modern motorcycles. All of the other Formula machines are restricted to single or dual disk, two piston calipers and conventional forks. Correct me if I am wrong Carl. Glad to see them allow some more bikes to run though.

6. YAM#849

Again, that's up to vintage R&E, but you are right that AHRMA precedent is not to allow those sorts of obviously visible updates on vintage bikes. If you look at the mission statements, the intent is to race bikes which show the spectator what it was like "in the day." If you want to see creativity in home-built bikes, look at the SOS machines.

7. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Interesting....no displacement limit on RZ350s?

So I can build a stroker motor with Cheetah cylinders to 500cc and run that - right? :)

8. hinshaw929

Several of the bikes listed can make make 130-150hp with some effort. 2 piston calipers on those bikes? No thank you.

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Stop it, Jim, you like horsepower! All you need is some practice with the 2 pot brakes and it will be quite a thrill!

10. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Hey Jim, you just have to roll off for turn one sooner, especially at Roebling. Ask me how I know!

Mark Badger

11. hinshaw929

Exactly my point. I have twin Grimeca 2 piston calipers on the H1 and even with 2 of them its marginal at the end of long straights like Roebling, Road A, and VIR. I have no interest in trying to haul down an H2 at the end of those straights with the same braking system.

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Real men don't need brakes!

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:tut:

14. charles

charles The Transporter

:eek:

15. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I do see the sense in getting all you catastrophic detonation hazards on the track at the same time, makes clean up that much easier...

16. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Come on crussel does it just fine, are you guys are candy asses.:) I need my upside down forks and my 4 piston calipers, go race a new bike you want all that shit. get real.:)

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Timmy, finally crawled out from under the rock , eh? :Poke: I knew this thread would get to ya. :crackup:

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Why do I have visions of a front-end loader and a dump truck?

Ken

19. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Men in aluminum suits, lots of foam, that sorta stuff, but all compressed into one easily manageable half hour time period so the rest of us can get on with our business and enjoy the day...

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Tim you old coot, maybe we're just playin' around here. But you spelled everything correctly, now that's a change!