1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penguin Racing School At Homestead Dec 3

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by perception, Oct 14, 2010.

1. perception

perception Member

Google tells me from where I am it is 27 hours without stopping. Natalie is comging from Quebec so she has another 5 or 6 hours ontop of that. We will at least be splitting the driving 3 ways so we don't have to stop much besides gas and washroom breaks. It is gonna suck big time. The worse drive will be home though after a few days on the track. I am thinking of it like "road trip". There will be some good stories to tell.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

If any of you plan to do the Feb 2011 date, let me know. I'm driving from Maine to FL, with an overnight in Charlotte. Probably will have some space for an extra body and/or bike.
    Trying to get to Daytona to see the Slick show season opener, and then hit up Homestead.

3. gojrracing

gojrracing New Member

Penguin Racing School At Homestead Dec 3

Just fantastic teachers there you will love it

4. mlrmotorsports

mlrmotorsports The New Guy

I just signed up today coming down from NJ... looking forward to it. I raced cars there for years.

5. desmocourtney

desmocourtney Member

Oh yea.

Loved the course at Thunderbolt so I'm doing back for more.:up:

6. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

cant wait til they have this in loudon for 2011:up:

7. LuckyBoi

LuckyBoi Active Member

does penguin offer bike rental? preferably a ducati 848.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yes, but they're all rented out for the December 3rd school.

No 848's, these are what they rent.

[​IMG]

9. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Johnny B-will they carry the same dates for the 2011 season?

Also-how far in advance do you recommend to book a spot?

Thanks in advance,
    Pat

10. Johnny B

Our second Homestead date has been confirmed for Feb. 11, 2011. If you were planning to rent a school bike, I'd say ASAP. I don't really know how long of a lead time just for the school, maybe a couple of weeks.
    Our normal Loudon schedule has a school the Friday before each LRRS event. These normally don't require advance reservations. Normally there are four special events: The two day Advanced School, the Women's Riding School and Ducati REVS days at Loudon and NJMP. These haven't been confirmed for 2011, but they require advance reservations. Keep an eye on this page for dates to be announced.

11. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

thanks for the reply Johnny B-me and my friend will use our own bikes and most likely go to either Loudon or njmp-which is closer to us.

Can't wait!!

I'd love to go down to fla-but no time off frm work:down:

12. Johnny B

Just note that NJMP is most likely a Ducati REVS day, not a race school. Non Ducatis were allowed to go last year, just make sure this year before you sign on.

13. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Thanks for the heads up-much appreciated!

14. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

Anybody have room or time to pick up a bike in cincy,oh? Right on i75

15. Spanky R1

Spanky R1 Average Guy

I'll c u all there. Unfortunately Cincy is a little far North before heading South from Cent FL, sorry. Good luck finding a ride. Does anyone know if we can drop off trailers at the track Thursday night?

16. TDC

TDC Active Member

Were on our way down , 5 of us hoping for warmth and racing :):beer:

17. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Hey this weekend is the Canada SBK testing at Jennings.

18. TheUncannyJ

TheUncannyJ Well-Known Member

I just signed up. See you guys there!!!

19. TheUncannyJ

TheUncannyJ Well-Known Member

Howd everyone do out there? Not sure if I met anyone. I was riding the flat black/flat grey gsxr 1000....

20. Spanky R1

Spanky R1 Average Guy

Well, I had a little get off in turn-1 about half way through the day. Was trying to get some clear track and pick up the pace a little to work on my references, but my front tire wasn't being cooperative and let go with 0 warning. I've been using 209 and heard they are know for that, but I can't afford 211's. Luckily there was minimal damage, but it did ruin my plans to practice Sat and race Sun. The school was good and now I can get a license so its all good. Be back in Feb for the CCS race. Did you have a good time?