1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penguin Racing School At Homestead Dec 3

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by perception, Oct 14, 2010.

1. perception

perception Member

Hi Guys.

I am coming from Canada to do this school Dec 3. Has anyone done this course and school? Tell me what you think.

Regardless I am just happy to get away and be on the track.

Thanks.

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I have heard lots of great things about Penguin. It's taught by racers who actually win races and championships season after season.

Post up your opinion after you take it.

3. perception

perception Member

I will for sure. Hope the weather is good too.

4. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I did the Penguin race school in NH and it was great, Im actually going to take the advanced Homestead school in Dec to help out with the track. The instructors are great. The Wood family have been running this school for ever. Jeff Wood is the track record holder and he is also one of the instructors.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

We'll see you down there. There will be special activitites for those taking the school on their Ducati.
    The other Homestead date is on Feb. 11, 2011, which will include the Track Experience Course designed with street riders in mind. This will be run by Scotty Greenwood.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  6. perception

perception Member

Are any of you going to do the race and practise the next two days?

7. gojrracing

gojrracing New Member

Oh good luck for the career that you would take. I hope that you could finished. GOOD LUCK! :D

8. Johnny B

Not me. I'm one of the Penguin Staff. Darwin?

9. perception

perception Member

What are you saying "gojracing"? not sure I understand your comment.

Darwin proboly not. Too much driving. I just want to get somewhere warmer for the winter blues.

10. handfore

handfore New Member

Thanks for sharing the info, my cousin is interested in the school and was searching for more details.

11. Johnny B

http://www.penguinracing.com/

12. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Yea, I will be taking the class and also racing the weekend.

13. Johnny B

I'll see you then. Too many people up at Loudon during the racing to get to know all of you. I knew Charlie Mavros pretty well because I was always yelling at him for speeding in the NHMS paddock. I still like to bust his chops at Homestead! :D

14. Johnny B

Pouch? Is that you?

15. Johnny B

Natalie Provost will be coming down from Montreal, too.

16. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I too, did their school back in NH. Very smooth operation and a lot of insight. Although it may seem like slow going, "did this stuff before" class and track sessions, you'll look back and realize there was a wealth of info handed out. Probably too much to absorb in the short time!!! Or maybe it was the race fuel fumes from the Duc in their class room sessions?

Johnny B, you'll be at Homestead? I might make th etrip down to do their Adv school. Any reason to get the hell out of New England is cool with me!!

17. Johnny B

Yes, I've been working all of the Florida dates since 2002. It's kind of weird to be walking around in your shorts and seeing all the Christmas stuff around. I always catch the Christmas parade at Key West, funny chit watching drag queens in convertibles while everybody cheers.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

very nice bunch of people.. Do NOT be afraid to ask questions of your instructors. They are there to help, but it is also up to you to get the most out of this awesome opportunity. Instructors can view some obvious issues, but are not mind readers.. If your having issues.. ask.

19. perception

perception Member

I am coming down with Natalie and another buddy.

20. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

How long of a drive is that from Canada???

I have a free Doug Polen school for that day and I'm talking myself out of it due to the 20hr drive. I figured it is a speedway track, and usually they suck.

Now that I'm reading the chat amongst you guys, it sounds pretty good.