1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama is honest

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by trashman_nate, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Tim James came across as a a little over board when he thinks that Drivers license tests should ONLY be taken in 1 language. I guess that language is hillbilly.

Is he too ignorant to realize that this might be wrong.... Or is Alabama so straight forward ?

I think that if one of the most important thing your state is concerned with is drivers license testing then your state is doing VERY well.

You tube video @ B9ohsvJHkbY

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

[QUOTE
    I think that if one of the most important thing your state is concerned with is a recent law passed in Arizona, another state, then your state is doing VERY well. [/QUOTE]

fixed :Poke::D

3. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Very straight forward and their politics get dirty.I was up there working and man these guysr get dirty.

I do like the english only test.

4. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Single language testing saves many trees from the wasted paper of multi language printing.

ie there is less paper to be thrown away when something is updated.

I don't understand why the greenies don't get behind it:D

5. Of course they would never use a computer to give the test. *I* took it on a computer when I took my driving test, in texas, in 1996.

Can we next go with you can't run a business in America if you can't spak English. ... Oh and we shouldn't use companies from other countries b/c they don't speak English, either.

If everything was done "all american" we'd fall apart in 20minutes like most, overpriced, american made clothing.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think you might find that you can run a business without speaking english if you cater to non-english speakers. You are gonna have to pay someone to file your incorporation papers and I don't have a problem with that.

People that don't bother to learn english in an english speaking country are no different that Americans going to other countries and expecting them to speak American. I have no patience for either. IMHO it shows a certain disrespect to the citizens of the country.

7. fyyff

fyyff Well-Known Member

Especially when someone has been here for 20 years or more and still doesnt or wont speak english. To me it is annoying to say the least. I have customers that dont speak english that will bring bikes in for service work. Most are cool, except the ones that expect me to understand spanish. Of course it is pretty funny when their kids have to translate and the kids have the johnston county redneck southern drawl.

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

:stupid::)

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Just hit them harder and they will speak English. :D

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:up: :D

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Why is it Californians feel the need to worry about other states laws? In my opinion if you want a drivers liscense from where I live you should be required to take the test in english(the southern drawl is optional :D).

If I were to move to another country I would expect to learn thier language to interact with others(visiting is different in my opinion).

12. NuVanTrin

NuVanTrin Active Member

so after 10 years a family finally gets visa for there parents to come to America to live with them. the parents have been driving for 40 years in a country and conditions most of us could never drive safely in, but it is nearly imposable for older people to learn new languages.

these folks should remain dependent on their children to drive them around for the rest of their lives because of some xenophobic assholes?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What are the rules where they came from? And it isn't impossible. Difficult, yes. Imposible no.

14. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

When I tested for my international DL in Germany, I had to take the test in German. No problem, passed on first try.

If you go to another country and push your language, it is perceived as rude in every country but here.

In France, when I attempted french, they would switch to English because my frog was not real good. And if you wish to see language snobs go there.

More countries should be as such, although we know our neighbors to the north are a little confused.

On a tangent thought, if the gubments are pushing for 1 world order, maybe we should all revive to some dead language like Latin for all to use

15. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

And did you receive printed driver's manual prior to testing?
    How many voices is it given?
    At least 12 in California, stocked in EVERY testing facility in the state.

1 printing reduces the amount of paper initially printed and having to stock, reducing the need for storage space, thereby saving in the size of the office and reducing the need for heating and cooling the additional space, reducing the amount of building materials used, reducing the amount of construction costs............

Dang I am liking it better and better:Poke::beer::D

16. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

If they can pass the driving test and understand the posted signs why would there be a problem?

concern= no understand posted sign, how do they know what to do?

17. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

Roll Tide

asking for someone to comprehend English is not inhumane.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” whoever said that...effn Genius.

18. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

funny we'll tolorate non-english speaking groups, spanish, here in michigan its middle east languages. However, if we recall the debate about e-bonics.....hell no. So with that my answer is, Hello no speak English!

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Shouldnt I expect that the person behind the wheel of the vehicle can READ THE STREET SIGNS THAT ARE IN ENGLISH!?

If you cant read english you cant read the signs, you cant read stop, no right turn on red, etc. etc...

That endangers everyone.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And if they can be taught to read the signs,that means they CAN learn another language.