Ryan Patterson

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, May 31, 2010.

1. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

hopefully he will mature out of it, some people have a temper and its gonna take something sooner or later for them to realize what they are doing is wrong, everyone is different and everyone can change (if they want to)

2. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Has any of this been posted on CCS forums... I looked and couldn't find a thing.?.?

It might aide in curbing actions like this the next time some twit wants to jump onto a hot track. .02

3. operative

operative Well-Known Member

After reading all of this... All I could think is... "Man... thank goodness I race WERA and not CCS!"

:beer:

4. CHUCKTOWN26

CHUCKTOWN26 Well-Known Member

I am suprised to read this, what the hell was he thinking. Ryan has never come across this way. He rode with Trey Yonce and me in the AMA 8 hour last season and I have also known him for some time. Very unlike him. Either way, not very sportsman like.

P.S. His girl is hot:up:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, can't blame a rider being an idiot on the sanctioning body. Not sure where the miscommunication happened on the restart but I can see it happening. Sounds like they took care of it afterwards.

6. operative

operative Well-Known Member

Nope, you can't, but allowing him to restart.?.? Ok miscommunication, but that's a pretty big miscommunication if he was standing out on the track making gestures during a live race.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once it goes through a few people to the race director it can be easy to not catch the details of what he did.

8. danch

danch Well-Known Member

How does a call like "Rider on track being a douchebag" fit in with corner worker radio etiquette, anyway? Is there a handsignal?

9. Letrik

Letrik Well-Known Member

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

besides, RD's have the ability to do whatever they wish on race day regardless of how many Monday morning quarterbacks second guess them.

I would never agree with that type of decision but it was their (CCS) decision to make, not that of any other racer or anyone here.

11. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

I had nothing to do with CCS, CCS did a great job this past weekend. There was rider stupidity involved and that is on the rider.

12. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I had a front row seat to the incident as I was only about 2 bike lengths behind. Saw those 2 bumping and leaning on each other coming off 5 neither were giving in. Patterson happened to be on outside and went down. He let his anger in the heat of the moment cloud his thinking and acted stupid. Ccs let him restart at the back till they had time to gather the facts

13. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Maybe this should be Ryans next ride..

[​IMG]

:crackup:

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

There's alot of stuff going on during a red flag and the radio is pretty busy. I'd be more upset if it was ignored after the race officials heard a few accounts of what happened on the track.

15. Matt98

Matt98 Active Member

I saw the incident unfold and it was one of the most duchebag moves ive seen in a while... His post race comments made him look even worse, in addition to "A lot of stupid riders out here today" and "I qualifed over a second faster than anyone" he also went on to say how the only reason he finished 3rd after the restart was because "my bike was overheating and I was pissed off"... What a complete dick.

16. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Someone needs to get Ryan Patterson to check out this thread.

Since the Hymer thread has played out for the most part maybe Ryan can come on here and get the beeb crunk up once again. :Poke:

:Pop:

17. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Losing your temper in the heat of the moment is one thing. Compounding the problem by not calming down and coming to your senses shortly thereafter says to me there's more at issue here.

And forcing everyone to restart simply because he wants to start over is beyond selfish and fucked up.

Reality check!!! Someone needs to remind this guy that it's freaking club racing for christ's sake!!! His race results aren't gonna change the world.

Sounds like a walking, talking liability. If it were my club, he'd be gone for good. No question.

18. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Lost ALL respect for that guy as soon as I heard him talk on the mic. D-Bag of the year award goes to him.:down:

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People like that rarely ever see that they did anything wrong. Afterall, everyone else is stupid.

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Ya.. they would have had to wait until Tuesday back at school to hear that stuff otherwise. Don't beat yourself up, it happens.