1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I've been following this thread since the beggining. I've never met Zac but he's been an inspiration to many. Thank you for continuing to share his story with us, and let him know we're all pulling for him!

2. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Great Great news!
    Thanks for the updates and the chance to share your Joy! Tears of Joy are flowing and Gladness fills my heart. God is So Good.
    In the name of Jesus I continue to Pray for Zac and Family

3. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

:up: Right on Zac.

4. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Prayers for Zac and Zacsmom. I'm sending all my recently busted up recovery efforts your way.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Please tell Zac he is thought of daily, prayers for him and family. His progress is awesome! :up:

6. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Great news,Heal up soon zac!

7. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Daily prayers still for Zac and thank you so much for updating us on his improvements.

8. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Zac did well with speech therapy today. He tolerated the speaking valve over his trach for a good 25 min with his oxygen level remaining good. He was unable to make any strong audible sounds, but he was trying very hard! He is gaining more tongue and lip movement. They weighed him today in his wheelchair on a different scale and he weighed around 121, we know this is not accurate, but he is gaining weight!

9. jmavrick101

jmavrick101 Active Member

whoa this totally slipped my mind this kid went to school with me im in afghanistan my grandmother asked me if i knew a zac chapman and i said his name sounded familiar but she didnt go into detail apparrantly they were having a fund raiser for him, i remember seeing his name and picture in our bike shop back home and i was like hell if he can be from here and race so can I. my prayers go out to him.

10. jmavrick101

jmavrick101 Active Member

if you see him again tell him we are praying for him over here in afghanistan i have some buddies from granbury weatherford and stevenville that came into the the Marines with me that all know of him and how much he means to the little small town of weatherford. and we all have no doubt that he will make a full recovery.

11. zacsmom

@jmavrick,
    I will give Zac ur message when I see him tomorrow! I pray for safety and protection for all of you that are serving our country, thank you all for your service!!!

Zac did have a good amount of visitors today. The posse came to see him as did dear friends of the family. Zac raised his left arm up which is something new! My sister made a smaller letter board for Zac that should be easier for him to use. Zac uses the letter board to make sentences to communicate with us. He either looks at the letters, or there has been a laser pointer attached to a cap and he points to the letters on the board by moving his head. Very Cool!!!!

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Very cool indeed! I'm very happy for Zac's progress and for the whole family. Keep it up! :up::bow:

13. zacsmom

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and continued prayers. I continue to tell Zac every day how many people love him and are praying for him and he nodds his head "yes".
    Zac's pulmonary Dr. came into his room and I asked Zac if there was a question he had for the Dr and he nodded yes. He spelled out "When do i get trach out?" and "When can I drink?" It has been difficult for Zac because he is hungry and thirsty, but is not able to eat or drink because of the trach. The Dr. said that Zac's vocal cords need to be working before he can get the trach out, which means that he needs to be able to talk.
    He said if Zac could talk, he could get the trach out and start drinking. The pulmonary Dr is going to request that Zac be seen by a ear, nose, and throat (ENT) Dr to make sure that his vocal cords are o.k.
    Zac wants prayer that his vocal cords are ok and that he can get that trach out and start talking, eating, and drinking. I told him I would ask for specific prayer for those things.
    I know all of you will do this, beyond a shadow of a doubt and i thank you all for that comfort and ask God to Bless all of you!!!
    Much love and gratitude,
    Jenny

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  14. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Done... :up:

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Jenny - done! Thanks for keeping us updated.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Done. And a prayer for your continued strength.

17. Great pic! :up:

GO ZAC GO!!!

18. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

My 9 yr. old son keeps up with this and we are praying tonite for his vocal chords.

19. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

More prayers sent. That is an awesome picture of the "Posse". Stay strong Zac!! You are a champion.

20. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Great news again..Keep it up zac!