1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lil Wayne of to jail for a year

Discussion in 'General' started by Coopster, Mar 1, 2010.

1. melanie

melanie not a dude

Didn't he already have a felony conviction under his belt? I can't recall, so I may be wrong...

...but if he did, it's not really a trumped up charge. Felons aren't supposed to own guns under current law.

2. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

Wow never seen so many haters..

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

The dental work stems from having the gold,platinum and diamonds removed. I`ve onlx heard the chromed out 1100 song a few years back, it sucked. If you don`t like rap, thugs or whatever then don`t watch or listen.

4. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

Lil Wayne has over-saturated popular music. He's on pop songs, rock songs, dance songs, RnB songs..... I'm sick of him. I like some of his stuff, and overall I think he has some talent, but I'm sick of him.

Now Soulja Boy is another story. Some may group him and Lil Wayne together, but I think there is definitely a difference. IMO Lil Wayne has some talent. Soulja Boy is the worst thing to happen to music, period.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

i`ll listen to Maxwell, Musiq Soulchild, Eric Benet`, Baby Face, Smokey Robinson, Jackie Wilson, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, The Temps and others like them. Way more talented!

6. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

as quoted from I think I love my wife... "boy, you got some ni$&a ears!"

haha

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Because this punishment won't adversely affect him. In all likelyhood, it will help him.

I know it's a slippery slope; different punishments for different people. I just don't care :up: The punishment should fit both the crime and the criminal. Joe College shouldn't get fined $10,000 for each of 831 pirated songs he's in possession of, and Moneybags McGee shouldn't get (what for him is) a slap on the wrist for a relatively serious crime. ("Oh, six months house arrest? In my 400-acre resort? Damn.")

However, I wrote that before I knew it was a pretty lame charge for not even having a gun on his person.. I thought the situation was similar to that NBA moron who pulled a gun on his teammate in the locker room. Hell, there's a decent chance he actually wants to go to prison for this.. it's a crime that requires no victim, it's unlikely to negatively affect him far in the future (especially given his career), and it's highly likely to have an extremely positive effect on him in the next two years. And who knows, it may give him the opportunity to "turn his life around" and change his message a bit, if that's what he's aiming at (doubt it, but possible). T.I. has started doing a whole lot of actual good in the rap world by turning his message from promoting to denouncing thugging.

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I donated about 15k (10% of my share of an accident settlement) to motorcycle awareness campaigns and my hospital after I got hit on my bike a couple years ago. That's actually what got me onto the racetrack.

But either way, while I certainly applaud him for donating large chunks of money to people, good acts don't erase bad ones. I'm not saying Lil Wayne is necessarily a bad person, just that his donations wouldn't change his culpability for crimes.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Never, but when I was a kid I put every penny I had in the salvation army bucket one Christmas. That's got to count for something.

10. Hopur

Hopur Banned

We already have different punishments for different people. A $200 speeding ticket for you and me is not the same as it is for Ahole CEO in his Porsche. I'm pretty sure that in Germany, the fine for traffic violations is proportional to income. Makes sense to me.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Im sure the tax benefit on the 200k didnt hurt :)

12. 03silvr6

03silvr6 Well-Known Member

I really don't care for the guys music nor do i care for his influence on society and how young kids think that the lifestyle of drugs and doing whatever the heck you want will work for everyone.

But i respect his work ethics, he seems to put in countless hours to make sure his music is to the level he wants.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

$200k is still $200k the group didn't have before the donation.

However, for perspective, Lil Wayne netted $18 million in '09. $200k works out to 1.11%

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It's Sweden, I'm . pretty . sure...

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Your right they didnt, but he's still a sack-o-douche :)

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I cringe every time I see people make this kind of argument about charitable donations. It's like Kramer in that Seinfeld episode telling Jerry to write things off. :crackup:

If you donate money, you will have less money. Regardless of the tax benefits.

17. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

This whole "influence on society" is such a crock of shit.

Blame it on the music
    Blame it on the video games
    Blame it on the television

Whatever you do, don't blame it on the idiots who actually commit the crimes which they were "so influenced" to commit.

(and I did resist saying Blame it on the al-al-al-al-al-cohol. LOL)

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol, thank you! And if someone donates to a charity... the money will still be going to the charity:D. It's not even an argument.

19. And I'm more than pretty sure you are wrong. Germany's fees for traffic violations are fixed.

No, Sweden's are fixed as well. But you're getting warmer :D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned