1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by GAMBLER, Dec 11, 2009.

1. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Amazing movie!

The Story line, progression, and the detail to every little thing. I got lost in the movie completely! I wander what kind of drugs he was on to think of something like that. One of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. I loved it!

Did i mention I liked the movie and it was good?

2. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

It's a remake of Dances with Wolves with blue people instead of red people. :Poke:
    Characters were flat and uninteresting. Plot was predictable. I think Cameron relied too much on the visual immersion that he forgot about the basic principles (you know, plot, character development, etc).

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

like aliens, the movie doesnt go into much character development. but its ok, the people are who they are and you accept that. i dont think it takes away from it at all.

i got lost in it, this was the shortest 3hr movie ive seen yet. do yourself a favor and see it in 3d.

(on a character side note: giovanni ribisi i thought played the best character of the movie, with what little dialogue he did have he did extremely well.

4. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Yes but unlike Alien and T2, I wasn't "pulled into" this story. I felt like a distant observer. Maybe it was because I watched it on a small screen, but maybe because the movie as a whole just wasn't all that great. It was epic in its scale and visual appeal, but that's where the "epicness" ends.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

This movie was written YEARS before Dances with Wolves....he wrote it in high school.

6. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Not everyone is going to feel the same way.I hated t2 and Alien,but alot did.

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

i have to say that without the 3d, i might have a different opinion. but god damn if that shit wasnt amazing with some glasses on. you spend just as much time in awe of the world created as the story itself so you might be right.

8. bblath

bblath Guest

went to see it today...get there to find out ALL of today's imax 3d showings are sold out. had to pre-buy for tomorrow, and there were only a few of those left.

soooo....tomorrow it is.

9. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Just got back from seeing it again :) Took the girl and the kid.They loved it and my girl doesn't like may movies.

10. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

Enjoyed it alot. I'll be watching it again. The "western" story line was familiar and reminded me of when I was a kid.

11. w00tw00t

w00tw00t Active Member

I just saw this in IMAX 3D and WOW ... amazing visuals!! I was really drawn in.... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I saw it on a a smaller screen / 2D.

For those who've read the Saga of Seven Suns... Pandora and the plot around it seems to be lifted from and a slightly modified version of Theroc and the Hansa attack....

12. bblath

bblath Guest

saw it in imax 3d. wow.

win.

13. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

I saw it in 3D, i really enjoyed it.

I did think the same thing as JRod though, it was a futuristic adaptation of Dances With Wolves. The story was good, not great, i'd give it a 6.5 out of 10 but the movie was visually stunning.. every other aspect of the movie i give a 9.5 out of 10.

I don't care what y'all think of me, i'd totally bang a big blue chick with a tail.

14. Chip

Chip Registered

Saw it last night. Excellent! You have to go see it in 3D on the big screen at a minimum.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We saw it in 3D. Great flick. Wondering how much better it might be in IMAX 3D ... Anyone see both?

16. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

me too!

me too!

17. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

saw it in 3D ,I dont usually go to see a movie twice ,but i might go and see it again, it was that good.

It might not be a perfect movie with an oscar winning story line to it ,but i finally didnt feel like i got ripped off when i had to take out a small loan to take the fam to a movie this time.Worth the ticket price if anything.

18. bblath

bblath Guest

didn't see it in both, saw it in imax 3d and i'll say this:

i've never gone to see a movie twice. i saw this twice in 1 week.

i can't imagine that you get the same affect in regular 3d. too much peripheral. i sat pretty close in imax 3d...and you were THERE.

19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I saw it over the weekend. The plot was so predictable but oh well, I enjoyed it. Ribisi can definitely act. I watched the newest Terminator a little while ago and enjoyed Sam Worthington in that and was surprised to see him in Avatar. I'm not a techno beav but the 3-D was pretty cool.

20. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Interesting thing about the Dances with Wolves plot line. The actor that played the protagonist within the Navi, you know the dude that was in line to get the girl before Jake showed up, is the same actor that played the protagonist to Costner within the indian tribe in Dances with wolves. Interesting....I thought that guy looked and acted familiar. It was essentially the same part.