1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JRP has a new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

No, we were running down it fast a year ago. Now it's business as usual.

2. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

So what happens if JRP lands a primetime TV show that centers on his racing with the DMG? Does that change anything....

3. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

First of all I am shocked RE is monitoring this board.
    Now having gotten that outta the way YES YES and YES I want to see statements from all the people who say JRP did the things you say he did. It is "politic" talk to say you have proof of terrible transgressions and then give none of the specifics or specific people that are are saying he did these things.
    A list of riders names swearing he did these thing would be nice. Corner worker statements issued by station, no names to protect the innocent, would be appropriate.
    Look I am no fan of Page he seems to be an ego-dick but Al has a bug up his ass about this guy so proof is required so there is no doubt about what happened.

Dave #66

4. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

Could even take the spec Moriwaki class Honda is running and run it.

5. RogerE

RogerE Member

Before I get started, I must point out that John Ulrich and I are friends and that I have the highest level of respect for him personally, for his views, and for his rich history in the sport. Normally when he goes on a rant I tend to address it with him privately, but this time his rant is not so much an ongoing attack on me but instead on the hard-working and under-appreciated team who goes into the battle every time we hold an event.

John, you want a Big Mac? Here's one. Every single time a rider was cited for jumping a start this season, from coast to coast, from unknowns to factory stars to riders whose daddy's have well subscribed web sites and newspapers, the penalty was exactly the same. Now, you and I agree that the penalty is too severe, but once it was delivered early this season to a single rider, it affected his points in that event and therefore in the championship, and it became necessary to deliver the same penalty for the same offense the rest of this year. I believe this is known as the "Big Mac Theory".

Therefore, I will not fire an official who has done exactly as the rule book and precedence call for him to do. However, if I was an entrant, I would give some consideration to firing a rider who made the same mistake more than once regarding this rule, particularly when the Race Directors have made it a point to stress the right time to put the bike in gear, and the absolute nature of the no movement rule. No one in the paddock doesn't know the penalty.

Your passion for this sport is only matched by your passion and love for your son, but please don't let the latter lead you to behave like a little league daddy.

I did not witness firsthand your behavior other than what I heard on the phone, but if you were in fact as unhinged as I have been told and were loudly using the language in public that has been reported, we should have busted you the same way we did others earlier this year for the same offense. In this case, I admit, the Big Mac was missing.

The rule book is being revised for 2010 and it will address as many inequities as the experiences of 2009 uncovered for all of us. Once again, the officials will be charged to enforce the rules as written and the riders and entrants who sign an agreement to abide by them will be expected to do so. Hopefully the rule book will lead to less consternation and smoother operations but I have been doing this too long to ever think there will be a perfect weekend.

Finally, as to the issue of full disclosure and transparency. We have no obligation to relate to any of you the details of any transgression and how we handle it other than relating the rule that was violated and the action we took. I have never ducked a question in my motor sports career unless legal action was indicated and then prudence dictates holding your own water. Given that so many were so quick to judge based upon their conclusions it makes you wonder how many other widely held conclusions don't match up to the facts. We can't possibly know, but not everything is everyone's business.

To Sean and Evelyne, I apologize for taking so much space on your board, but either by design or default, this is one of the best places to gauge the attitudes and interests of our road racing community and you are to be commended for it.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think this thread just found 7th gear...

7. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

This is my first post relating to anything DMG.

In the interest of integrity, I would never personally suggest there was evidence to the pro or con on any debatable subject unless I was first willing to provide such evidence. This forum constitutes a Court of Public Opinion.

No Roger, you are not obligated. But you should. Not for our sakes, but in the interest of integrity. I personally don't doubt your word, but frankly I'm not sure if you are saying these letters etc actually do exist, or if you are trying to get us to reconsider IF they did in fact exist.

8. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Blue Flag-you are about to be passed by a leader. Where does it say that the racer being passed has to move off the race line, to the left or to the right, or making it mandatory to slow down until passed and said infraction will carry a suspension and/or fines?

I was watching on SPEED to see if BBoz would get around Larry to get the points needed. No cameras on Larry and Ben-because JRP was nearby? The backmarker factor is actually a part of the show, whether you or Al want to admit it. BBoz has been screwed by backmarkers so many times it would have been great to see it benefit him for once.

The quality of your staff was on YouTube, for all to see, dressing down a paying racer who you have a personality conflict with. In that video Al cannot give one solid piece of reasoning or rationale from the actual R&Rs about a blue flag "violation". Even if he had one you wouldn't be able to really hear him as his level of professionalism was loaded with the Sailor's tongue. Hey, swearing's all that's fine and Al's reputation somehow is an excuse for it, but don't try to dress your crew up as professionals who are consistently operating outside the R&Rs at your convenience. Your mentality and maturity were pretty evident in that aftermath-or lack thereof, speaking volumes. I'm sure there have been some hard working folks in the background there @ DMG. As for my mentality and maturity?

Our group of 12 riders who attend race weekends together have decided to take it to your wallet. That's a group of 40-65 year old men and women who are riders who tour, and some have raced in the past. We will locally attend the Vintage stuff at Road America/ Mid O, and are making the final plans to attend the IoMTT and/or Salt Lake SBK. Amsoil and Dunlop will hear about it too. When you have the attention span of just 12 gnats, look what can be done.

:beer:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Note to RogerE: I don't think I've ever seen anyone take Cattitori's side in a discussion on this board. FYI. :D

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

This thread goes to eleven...

11. Critter

Critter Registered

I have watched this JRP issue from the very start and NO ONE on this board has the same level of experiance I do in being passed by the leaders. The funny thing is I watched all the video and all three parties have it wrong.

1) The corner workers and race control have it dead wrong from when they showed JRP the first blue flag
    2) Al had it wrong from when JRP should have moved out of the way
    3) JRP has it wrong from when he should have moved.

I have done it right according to riders that have lapped me and complimented me on getting out of the way. I have also done it wrong and accidentally blocked someone. Miguel put it best in a post race intereview several years ago. he said

I try to be the first guy to get to the lappers they are a part of racing if you get to them first you can use them to your advantage.

Everyone is so emotionally charged all the time they forget to look at things objectively.

All the Blue Flag stuff being said. There is an underlying problem that Pro Motorcycle racing has had since I first lined up in 2001. It has not been solved and will not be solved under the current regime. Until that one underlying problem is solved we will never get and keep sponsorship and the series will continue to be stagnant and not grow. Sometimes the problems are so simple and right in front of us they are too easy to see. That is where we are now. The one problem it is easy to see but everyone is so close to it they are standing on it.

12. garywc

garywc Member

buying a race license? you are handing out licenses like candy on halloween!
    there are alot of racers this season who didnt earn there license and you just made AMA Road racing into a big club race!

13. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I wouldn't slam RE on the actions of AL. He was not present at the time, nor is he AL.

He stated this has been a growing year and DMG is taking the lessons learned from this season to make changes in an effort to better the series for all involved.

As changes have already been made based upon the feedback received, I have no reason to doubt his word.

14. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

In spite of the pissing contest going on here, lets not forget that we have experienced some of the closest racing in years. With more cooperation between DMG and race teams, it will only get better.

For the players directly involved, I have but one thing to say. Use some effin' common sense, please?

15. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

:crackup:

:Pop:

17. Game

Game zip tie master

This thread has made it into roadracingworld. Think we had idiots, they're about to pour in now.

On the AMA/DMG side. Next year, will be a good year for American racing. No fucking doubt.

Once you apply a rule and that rule affects a Championship contender or for that matter anyone in the race, you must apply this rule until the end of the season.

Just make sure the rulebook makes sense this time.

That's the Big Mac for you

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'm not sure about this. So many people were mentioned about not having a contract for next year at the last round. That doesn't seem normal to me.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries at all. Evelyne and I were actually talking about the board last night driving home. It's not that much different than any conversation in the paddock. The main differences are that those of us who have to make decisions at the track can actually present our side of why those calls are made. People can agree or disagree but we have the opportunity to put out there what we did and why, and I think that is very important not to mention much much better than the old days when the rumors would spread and no one ever heard our side. The other thing that's good and bad is everyone is a party to every conversation in the paddock. I feel that more information is always good when someone is making an informed opinion on anything so I lean towards that being a good thing although I do understand how too much information can be bad with this crowd :)

Anyway, post whatever you like whenever (within the same basic rules as everyone else), this board turned into something beyond just WERA for the roadracing community long ago.

20. Critter

Critter Registered

There have been many selective rules enforcement this year such as:

1) This year the 108% has not been enforced in order to make a grid of at least 20 bikes. Check Road Atlanta results and times.
    2) The starting grid Only the first few rows have cameras to check and see if there is a false start the rest of the grid is judged by the officials.

Those are just a few.

All riders and competitors should adhere to the same rules and all the rules should be applied the same to every competitor. Take for instance the cameras. If there are not enough cameras to do every row than they should not use them at all.

The problem has always been everyone seems to care about the front few and no one else.

"In spite of the pissing contest going on here, lets not forget that we have experienced some of the closest racing in years. With more cooperation between DMG and race teams, it will only get better. "

I disagree Daytona Sportbike looks just as close as supersport did in 2007 and 2008. I don't see much of a change there. I know JU posted sume numbers on his web page but I would like to see them over the course of the last say 3-5 years and only one race at the track per weekend.