1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JRP has a new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Active Member

But "indefinitely" only means one race. Al Luddington was suspended "indefinitely" and he was back a race later.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I think JRP is on "double secret" indefinite suspension. It's a DMG clause not known by many.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

The old adage...it doesn't matter how beautiful a girl is, some guy is tired of F-ing her seems to be relevant here. Seeing past the confusion, drama, and bi-polar tendencies of DMG is very easy when WSBK, WSS, and MotoGP are so easy to watch. There is no doubt the racers in AMA have put on a show for those willing to watch, but the issue becomes what will DMG do next? How many of us have gone back to the beautiful girl only to have her repeat the same arguments, same tendencies, same behavior to the point you no longer care how beautiful she is, or how great the sex is?

MotoGP, and WSBK have given us great racing, amazing machines, above average commentary that is both knowledgeable and exciting, but most of all after the races my friends and I talk about the racing not the sanctioning organizations.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

A commentary worthy of being quoted. Good stuff.

5. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

:stupid:

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Good thing there's only one race left and it'll be over in a couple of hours :up:

7. It's simple guys! Remember what Al said to JRP. He is not part of the show, so from what I gather from all of this is...rules are enforced for those who are not willing to blow DMG officials. Sounds like they want "yes sir" racers and teams, and anyone willing to stand up to what "they" want will be dealt with on different terms. :down: What IMO DMG is forgetting is...without guys willing to show up...there is NO SHOW. :rolleyes: If there is "NO SHOW" then there are "NO FANS".
    IMO they need to go back to basics, re-think how they want to obtain the ultimate goal (which should be safe, fun, fair, competitive racing). IMO they need to cut out these guys that have the (I've been there done that you must listen to me attitude) maybe some of those need a bit of humbling before they can become useful. ;) As long as there are all these "chiefs" thinking their shit don't stink and only they know how it should be...it AMA/DMG racing will not move forward. That's my opinion anyway.:D

8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

IMO no one should use IMO more than once per post. But hey that's just IMO:Poke:FWIW

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's pretty damn opinionated.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You sound a lot like my ex-wife. Wasting a whole lot of time and effort bitching about something you really don't care for...

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll wait for the broadcast, but from live timing, superbike race 2 looks like a barnburner, with due respect to the fireman.

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Sometimes Mike talks out his ass, so clarification is a good thing. Be wary of posts that begin with "ÏMAO..."

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

All things considered, the racing this weekend was awesome. Both Superbike races were good fun, and the Graves youngsters put on a hell of a show in DSB. And watching PJ knife through the field after his stop and go was a lot of fun to watch in the kiddie class.

14. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Since you posted the exact same thing in another thread, you must know what went on behind closed doors back at the ole office, right? No? Well then maybe you should just open a can of STFU.

None of us know what happened back at the office the next week, nor will we ever, unless Al registers on the beeb and explains it all to us. Did you ever consider that maybe Al walked around for the next week with a size 7 poopchute and awfully loose pants? Or maybe he secretly got an attaboy and a big bonus check for telling JRP how it was. Who knows? Who the f*(k cares.

In the end, the punishment fit the crime. I doubt there would be a second occurrence.

15. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Active Member

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

This is the BBS, we create our own reality.

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I understand that. Sometimes it's actually entertaining. Sometimes it's just stupid.

Maybe I need to sniff more race fuel fumes...

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

That and drink a beer or 2

19. RogerE

RogerE Member

Some of you are running down the "selective enforcement" and "DMG incompetence" road pretty fast with almost zero facts. Would it temper your bias if you knew that corner marshals who don't know or have an axe to grind with Mr. Page called in the egregious blocking? Would it have an effect if you knew that riders following the incident offered written statements of what they saw, if needed? Would it help if you knew that the starter called it in when at the checker Mr. Page chopped his throttle immediately upon crossing the line and almost precipitated a rear ender by the guys behind him? Would it help if you knew that riders have been complaining about this exact issue by this exact rider for several events, extending into prior seasons? Would it help if you saw a rider return from a suspension turn right around and engage in the exact same behavior at his very first opportunity?

Would any of this help, or would you prefer not to have help and just continue to immediately run down the run-down-the-series road?

We hire the best humans we can to run these events and they are all honest hard-working people who deserve to get the benefit of the doubt. I seldom see that. Instead it seems that buying a racing license and qualifying for a race moves one closer to the Gods and Angels and produces beings without stain or blemish who could not possibly ever screw the pooch on their own.

If you want to criticize me for my concepts and ideas in trying to move things forward, that is fine, I don't mind and I've been there before, and further, I'm not going anywhere, so bring it on. But, I'm sick and tired of seeing our hard working officials always characterized as lacking positive character traits. To me, it speaks more to the mentality and maturity of the critics than to the quality of our staff.

20. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

not at all. That's why it went 5 paged before I even said anything. When/if they fix it I'll watch it. If it wasn't for JRP at Mid-O I would have not seen any races this year. So at leasat that got me to watch