1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP.com subscription are open.... But,

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Mar 9, 2009.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yes, they're now open to the '09 season except their payment page isn't secure (like it was the previous years).

There's a 'Contact' icon at the bottom of the page, let them know that it bothers you... I haven't subscribed.

2. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Are you sure about that? It looks like the page listing the packages isn't secure but when you get to the page asking for your payment type you can mouse over any of the credit card options available and each one appears to link to a secure checkout site.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You're right, the link address to the CC options are https but when you click it, you're still on a unsecure http site (and no lock icon in the lower menu).

4. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

prices for renewing 2008 subscribers at today's exchange rate:

hi-res 80.95 EUR = 102.310 USD
    standard 44.95 EUR = 56.8173 USD

add 9.00 EUR/11.3849 USD to those prices if you were not a subscriber in 2008.

i've sub'd to the hi-res package every year they've offered it and the quality is great. however, since they changed to flash-based replays midway through last season (you can't archive them), i'll probably just go standard this year.

5. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Here's the thing too. If you want to share with someone, at least in the past(last year included) multiple people can log on with the same user/password info and watch!

6. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

i'll be subscribing when we get a little closer. I have loved having my subscription in the past. Nothing like waking up at 3 in the morn to watch a race in china

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Live w/no commercials is worth paying for, and they are straming at faster rates each year so the picture is pretty good.

8. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

I don't know Windows very well or the MotoGP site at all, but with Linux/Unix it's easy to download most Flash vids using terminal and the Curl command.

curl http://flashfilename.flv -o ~/downloadedfilename.flv

9. derby369

it's not a flash video, it's a flash video player. the flv file is nothing. you'd have to be able to rip the actual video stream out of that, and i'm too lazy to figure out if it's even technically possible/feasible...

besides, i can always grab the ru download for my archive.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  10. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster Radical Freedom Fighter

I'm one click away from subscribing. Is there a substantial difference in the quality between the 2 packages? Is it worth the extra bucks?

11. derby369

it's a 35% increase in resolution (720x450 vs 533x300), but only for the motogp race. practice, qualy, 125gp, and 250gp are all in "standard" resolution.

12. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Just renewed my subscription. Its nice to get back to watching racing at work.

13. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Just make sure you're friendly with your IT group. Streaming video takes a hit on bandwidth and it's very easy to find out who is doing it.

14. derby369

yeah, it's usually the guy yelling "go! go! go!" at his monitor.... :D

15. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

yeah, I'm guilty of that one :D

16. caferace

caferace No.

The geek in me says that's more than 100% increase in resolution. [​IMG]

They were experimenting last year with QP in hi-res (I watched it for Motegi and PI). Hopefully they'll continue with that in '09.

-jim

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

My bad. It's been a while since I mucked around with Flash. On my Mac I just hit the record button.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Can someone translate this? What I read is that Hi-Res is for all classes ...and 800cc MotoGP only. ...WTF?

19. Former

Former Well-Known Member

How's the buffering?

I subscribed two years ago and it was pretty bad so I stopped subscribing. And now use other means of watching them...hehehe

20. caferace

caferace No.

2008 was great except for the first 15 minutes of the first race. 2006 and 2007 were abysmal, so I was pleased about that...

-jim