1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst racing coverage ever

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Sep 14, 2008.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

"waaa.....there are beer bottles blowing across the track....waaaa......"

hehe

2. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I like trees. And the video has improved in the high quality mode, not buying HD either. What I wont pay for is extra cable service beyond basic for a bunch of commercials and nascar crap.

Would you like some cheese?

3. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

now thats funny right there :up:

4. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

:crackup:

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Barber, Road Atlanta, Roeblingding, etc. etc..

6. joec

joec brace yourself

they have trees in the paddock at etown. i know its a dinky track, almost not worth being called a track, buts so nice to have that shade in the afternoon. setup your tent there, your canopy, and have your gear in the shade of a tree is nice.

are leaves really that much more slippery than a tearoff??

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

How many of you can pronounce my name (DiGregorio) correctly and I have been with WERA since 1995:Poke:

Opie and Steve Green excluded:p

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I actually like the coverage other than that Lorentho thing sounding weird. :up:

Sheheen is a goober but his coverage wasn't that bad.

What's up with Greg White? Is he under contract elsewhere?

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Indeed. :up:

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Ain't that the truth. :up:

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I can but that's not fare since I know you. :D

12. pcb122

pcb122 Well-Known Member

they need to bring over that Brit nut that commentates for SBK. He gets so crazy and hyped up, screaming and dramatizing over a small slide or run of the mill pass. I love his enthusiasm

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Greg White does that an they bitch.

We just need someone with an accent saying shit.

14. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

RM Racing,
    I feel your pain but I'm grateful that we had it on TV. Yes it wasn't the caliber that we have grown accoustomed to but it was way better than no coverage at all. If we, as motorcycle racers, fans, crewchiefs, and mechanics can continue to help build a larger fan base for Motorcycle racing it will help the ratings. Ratings are the only focus that the networks care about, if the ratings suck they (NBC,CBS, Speed) will drop their coverage like a hot rock. We as the informed fan base need to do everything we can do to help get the un-informed to tune in and watch, learn and become interested in our sport. If we help get the ratings up, then there will be better announcers and better coverage. I have had long discussions with Dave Despain about their (Speed Vision) coverage and why Speed doesn't carry as many races as they used to. His company makes money off of NASCAR and doesn't make money from Motorcycle coverage. Dave will tell you in a second where his heart is but he is also smart enough to know where his paycheck comes from. Since these Networks are in business to make money, why would they continue to cover anything that is a loser? Not many business's will hang in there very long if they keep doing jobs that cost them money. I know I wouldn't.

I hate to say it but if all we do is bitch about it, we aren't helping it get better.

that's my take on it.

Now get your ass back to work!

15. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

It's not the same. Green has him covered by miles. But Ryder and Moody are the class acts.

16. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

whats up with the 250's? anybody know anything. They do put on the best show. Kinda like what nascar strives for. 250's ? are they racing today?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They got canceled at 4 PM yesterday. Canceled, not delayed or postponed.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In anticipation of the next question....that means they will not be running at Indy this year. They will not make it up. There will be one less on the schedule for 2008. If you want to know if they will add a second race in 2009to make up for the lost race in 2008, please contact MotoGP directly.

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the worst part of the coverage...lack of coverage! I mean they were too busy talking about crap like why Burgess liked Rossi, and the wall in the HRC garage that there were many passes missed! The worst part of Sheheen's coverage (consistantly) is that he misses the real action! He starts rambling on about things that he doesn't know about, stumbles, then turns to Schwantz, (or Freddie) for help by asking a stupid question. While this is happening, we are missing passes. Also, what about the painful moments of silence where you can't tell who is in front and they are not talking! This is worse on the first lap. They are dead silent until approx. four turns later. One last "bitch";) the lack of knowledge is a killer which feeds into the argument of attracting American viewers. No talk of Hayden or Spies riding their a** off out there. In fact, just that Spies was kicking major butt should have received at least a little air time.

Yes, I'm a huge race fan and I can and will complain about the horrible coverage from the American announcers. Greg White is way better than Sheheen. Ralphie, go back to NASCRAP!:moon::)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The actual video is done by the FIM (well, whoever has the contract this year) - the US announcers have nothing to do with it. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how much time he got from a Euro director. The announcers sit there watching the same footage we see with no input on cameras or angles.