1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jury Duty!

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

2 weeks out of the office....

I'm going to practice....

YOU'RE ALL OUT OF ORDER!

GUILTY
    GUILTY
    GUILTY

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

They'll never pick you...

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Turn up for your appointment DRUNK:beer: Gauranteed. to not have to play the game the system so loves:up:

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

:stupid:

One look at those glasses and the lawyers will be saying, "Oh, hell, no!"

5. Silo Pete

Home by 3 PM!

6. sizmtrz

sizmtrz Nuthin runs like a deere

all that will gaurantee is a DUI charge when thay follow you out to your car after dismissing you. :up:

I wish I could serve on a jury!!! Alas... my job will forever keep me out of that box...

7. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Unless you are a Judge don't bank on that.

8. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

Pete,

Calling to vote on American Idol does not mean you are on jury duty!

9. sizmtrz

LEO... but like I said... I'd love to serve on a jury.

10. slowest

slowest Well-Known Member

11. slowest

slowest Well-Known Member

They'll still pick you for civil trials. Just ask me.

12. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Show up at exactly the appointed time (to be at the back of the line).
    Take 2 wks off.

13. Silo Pete

called to trail today, they are still selecting the jury but sent 5 away already.

14. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

pete are you serving at franklin county?

15. Silo Pete

16. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

yeah i had to do it last year youll get a lovely paycheck at the end lol

17. Silo Pete

Its a grand social experiment.

18. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

Pete,if your selected please take it seriously,if its a criminal trial,thats somebodys future. My best friend and i,were arrested on christmas eve 05,on the false word of another person. We were totally innocent of the charges,and opted to go to trial. It took ten months to finally get our day in court. The trial was almost a week,and the person who fabricated the story was drilled on the stand by our lawyer,and totally shown as the liar that he is. The jury took 10 minutes to deliberate and find us not guilty on ALL charges. Because the trial was ongoing at the time i lost a LEO job i was in the running for. The whole mess also cost my friend and i, 19,500$. Your good name,and your freedom are worth any cost,but that hurt my friend and i,a lot. The jury members spoke to my friend,and i,after the trial,and they all expressed sorrow for us that we got put through that. They said they were angry with the police,prosecution,and had utter contempt for the person whose fake story started the whole mess. As a result of the expenses,and the anger i felt over the whole thing,i sued the police dept. and the person who made up the whole thing. The main point of my story is that if your picked,please remember that the person sitting in that defendants chair is INNOCENT,until the prosecution proves to you beyond a resonable doubt thats he/she is guilty. Chris.

19. sizmtrz

So is there a civil counter suit in the works to recoupe your losses and missed potential wages?

20. sizmtrz

I can only hope. I'd love to take part in the process. Of course I'm lucky to have the benefit of full comp pay for all days missed from work... ;)