1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR F2 fork set-up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by racerdude413, Dec 3, 2007.

1. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

For the F2 forks, is the only aption the race tech spring/emulator setup or is there different suspension tuners doing their own damping set up?

2. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

I heard once that you can put F3 internals in F2 forks. You'd have to check with the local F2 gurus on here to confirm that, though. :)

3. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

The F3 front end (wheel, spacers, axle, forks, and calipers) is what I have on my F2. It gives you cartridge forks and bigger floating rotors/calipers. I have the racetech valving and for my pace it does the job. Or you could just get the forks from a 94. They were the only year that had cartridges.

4. melch

melch V7 Pusher

For sure......(as said above)The best way to go is F3 frontend and wheel and dont forget to swap the rear wheel for an F3 as well.1/2 wider and bolts right up.And of course run the Bridgestone 165 slicks.:up:

Most importantly to go fast and save yourself a highside when the stock shock gets hot,remove the stocker and apply Ohlins or Penske.FYI an Ohlins off of an F4 or 4i will work with the ride height adjuster run all the way in.:beer:

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Emulators and springs work just fine with the spacer cut to the right length.

The F2 upper tubes will not take the cartridge internals.The cartridges have a larger diameter than the dampening rod internals.

6. peter leduc

peter leduc Agaperacing.com

F2-3 Forks

For what it's worth, the best option according to race tech is 96-97 CBR F3 forks as they have Showa dampening and are superior to the other years. Race Tech recommended using the Showa rebound valve with their Gold Valve for the compression, thereby saving you $$$. I ran this combo with SV650 lower fork legs over the CBR upper tubes and it was a great mod for the money. I'm not sure if an Ohlins or Penske for the rear would be worth it if you could use a CBRF4 Showa shock and add a lenght adjuster to it. People vastly undervalue the stock suspension parts on modern race replica bikes. A well tuned stock F4I shock with new oil & correctly sprung will be 90-95% of an Ohlins for 1:10 the cost.

My 0.02

7. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

Actually the F2 front is on a Hawk 650, i just wanted to know how the f2 forks hold up under abuse....

Anyone got a F3 front end they want to sell :)

8. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I abuse mine!

9. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

My dr front work great.

10. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

How do you add a length adjuster to the stockers?

11. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

buy the fox shock from me porkchop,it set up for your weight.

12. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

You the same Porkchop we met at Grattan in August? If so, WAZZUP?! :beer:

13. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I am so confused...............I thought I was porkchop...........I guess I am just chopped liver now.

Glad to see H-man is not giving suspension advise..............Sauce has some choice words last year......LOL.

14. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

thats right, PC for short. whats up everyone?? I'm trying to get up north to get that header. I'm dealin with a guy on here for a fox shock???

15. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Saaaay what?! What you talkin' 'bout Willis? Youz gots to be kiddin' me. There's never been anything wrong with the suspension set-up of my bikes. My shifter pooped out on Sauce at the '06 GNF. This last year he had that mucked up suspension on a bike he didn't get from this little H.

Alfredo woulda been tossin' deuces and takin names had he borrowed my bike again. Or somethin' like that.:D

16. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

PC, anything any of us who might be closer can do to help you getting that header? Want I should test it out on my bike and get back to you... oh say in August:D

Seriously, PM me or Olgood or any of the V7 Alley crew if we can hep ya.

17. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Not sure I know who PC is but holla if I can help.

BTW V7 alley is the place to be in 08!:beer:

18. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

PC was the (other) rookie who was at Grattan with a buddy of his. He s/u on the road that would lead you out onto the track just after the hump

F'in A!:up: And we mean the GOOD stuff. Except for the official Slaw cooler. That'll stock his fav crap beer. Slaw doesn't have to buy a single beer this season (when I'm at the track anyway). he's sooo entertaining to be around. Esp. after he's been plied w/ beer:D

19. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

tthee foookin cananadian is ghey.... (my best slaw impression)

for the price of a case of miller lite you get entertainment all night

20. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Wait for it....5...4...3...2....

:D