1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A message to kids today from the older crowd

Discussion in 'General' started by x1384, Oct 15, 2007.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

First thing you had to do is rip out those gay ass ( yeah, I spelled it) streamers in the bar ends!

2. SMonk

SMonk Twisted Moto Racing

Wait... Wait.. I'm over thirty and I think it might be a bit hard to be a kid these day.:rolleyes:

Hell, When I was a kid there is no way that I could have:
    1.) Remembered which medications to take before starting my day....
    2.) Studied the fashion mags and made sure my clothes were in style for that day.
    3.) Read up on US, People, 17, Teen Vogue, Glamour, etc.. just to be ready for conversations at school...
    4.) Update my Myspace page and responded to 32 or more comments....
    5.) Gone to school and been ridiculed until it drove me to take my next dose of medication...
    6.) Sat in school all day trying to keep up with all the text messages and IMs I recieved that day....
    7.) Sat with the school shrink and discussed what Heather, Todd, Matt, Jennifer, or Britney said about me and how that made me feel.
    8.) Left school and went to my doctors appointment for allergies.
    9.) Went to my real schrink appointment in the afternoon.
    10.) Gone back home, today to my real Dad's house becuase my step dad Larry had to work late and Mom isn't out of her support group meeting yet....
    11.) Fired the computer back up and update all my myspace and other data for the day... again.
    12.) Took my final dose of medicine, put on some soothing music because my shrink thinks it will help me sleep and getting more sleep will help reduce my stress.....
    13.) Greg texted me and Crap I forget to turn of the web cam. The entire school just watched me get ready for bed....I'm gonna die.....

Getting up and repeating this everyday... Not me brother.... :Poke: :Poke: :D

3. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Me & my cousins version of a video game was watching saturday memphis mid-south wrasslin' Dave Brown-Lance Russell.Then we would take the baccer' sticks & cigarette string & construct our ring.Then doing our best Terry Funk,Lawler,Superstar Dundee imitations literrally kick the shit out of each other!.Hey us 12 year olds didn't know it was fake!

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Don't know about the rest of you.. But the one phrase I never said around my Dad was "I'm bored.."

I got so tired or raking them leaves. Oh, and weeding grandma's garden and flower beds.

Damn straight I always had something to do!

5. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Even though I was on the no paddle list at school I did witness quite a few kids and girl get their ass's beat. Since I was on the no paddle list, one teacher called my father then I wished I would have gotten the paddle instead. :rolleyes:

Do they even use corporal punishment anymore?

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Christmas of `59. Times were tough. Father cut holes in my overall pockets so I'd have something to play with.

7. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

I can't even remember how many times I drove to school with a rifle or shotgun in the vehicle , it was often . Several other guys would have thiers also but the thought of using them to settle a score was unheard of . I also can remember a few "Big" fights and no weapons were involved . Whoever got thier ass handed to them just delt with it and it was over .

There wasn't a no paddle list in 1980 at my school.....was there ?? Crap , I didn't think to ask :(

8. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

What government censorship?

I did hafta walk throught the snow to school each day tho.. :D

9. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

Yep, its funny how kids today have everything and are more miserable than ever.

10. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

Super Spoiled if you ask me.....:D

11. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

priceless :D

12. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Difference between kids today and kids of any previous generation is that they have more tools, toys, and money to get themselves into trouble with.

Cell Phones?! Hell, I remember when touch tone dialing on your rented Bell/ATT phone was an added cost feature, and there was no such thing as an answering machine...but then, I'm about to turn 40 :O

thane

13. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

the funny thing is, i'm 21 and i remember every single one of those things. so i guess it's the plus 20 crowd...

14. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

This is hilarious on one level, but frightening on the next level because generally it's so true. In this resort community, there's a move to get rid of the young Americans in the work force because they are such pitiful workers. They love it when they get fired because they go back to mommy and daddy and tell them how mean their bosses are and their dumb@$$ parents who "raised" such turds take their sides. All's well that ends well: the parents are stuck with those loosers for the rest of their lives. Not us. :D

15. x1384

x1384 Banned

the pinball machines i used to play as a kid in St Augustine beach did not have glass on them, and just what the heck is a big wheel? :p

16. teampolevault

teampolevault Well-Known Member

Members only jackets and parachute pants..... Space Invaders,Missle Command,Galaga..... All night skating rink parties,bmx bikes and going fishing with my dad.... life is short,so raise these kids with some morals and values for christs sake...

17. teampolevault

teampolevault Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember having a windbreaker type jacket with your name stitched on the back? It was early 80s

18. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

Hey now....I'm 24 and most that stuff applies to me as well....except the microwave thing....i always remeber havin one of those.

:cool:

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unfavorable geography can make up for those missing 10 years. :D

20. Stormdragon

Stormdragon Apogee of the nadir baby!

And in our day, Big Bikes had 60 horsepower! And we were happy!