1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A message to kids today from the older crowd

Discussion in 'General' started by x1384, Oct 15, 2007.

1. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

my parents JUST got cable, I'm 28

2. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

:D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm begining to see these as the good old days. This morning I had to explain to my daughter the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction. I cannot remember a time in my life when I didn't know what that was.:up:

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Uh...yeah, that's what I'd tell all my friends....NOT!!!

Buddy....

MOVE OUT!!!!:D

5. thane

thane Well-Known Member

A professor of mine once read the class a quote. Went something like: The kids of this generation are lazy and don't respect their elders. Society is deteriorating. --The quote was a great deal more eloquent and more well reasoned. The author? PLATO

I'm telling you, it's not that kids or parents are any different it's just that with each succeeding generation we have more tools, toys, and money with which to get ourselves into trouble.

thane

6. Omegaman

Omegaman All hondas all the time!

I remember telling the kids in the neighborhood about the trick with Atari Space Invaders (if you powered on the game while holding down the reset, you got two shooters instead of one) and I was the king of the block for two weeks! The bad part if that for the same thing to happen today, I'd have to shoot someone to get that kind of street cred.