Jose??? any update

Discussion in 'General' started by Parkerson, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Awesome progress Jose!!!! You are the man!!

2. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

Thanks fp

~~~~i,

Thanks for the banner with all the signatures and the great picture. Alex and Andre brought it by this evening. Jose was so happy to get it (not to mention a few shed tears by us two!) If it was not for friends like you, the WERA Racers, corner workers, officials and The Southern Cruisers Riders Club, I don’t think we would have our sanity and Jose would not be recuperating the way he is. Thank you all.

Jose is doing better by the day and we pray he keeps it up. My prayers are also with Justin, Morgan and their families and my God give them the patience that is so hard to find in times like this.

Motorcyclist is good strong people.

I think we should be able to go to GNF this weekend but I do not know how long he will endure or what time or day or days we will go. We will call as this info becomes available.

Thanks again for the awsome Banner!

Armando & Regina

3. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

It was really nice to see you guys again, I left the house with a big smile on my face that I still have.
    Jose, Dre, Christina, Regina & I, laughed most of the time we were there.
    We are still praying for you guys.
    Hopefully u guys make it to the races this weekend :)

Kepp it up Jose :up:

4. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Armando, it was my pleasure. I just wanted to do something that would make him smile!

5. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

Smile for Jose

Well he is smiling .... now how do I make him stop!

Thanks,:up:

Armando

6. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

GNF Sunday

See you guys Sunday, I would have told you sooner but we just decided a few minutes ago.

Armando & Jose

7. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

GNF

See you Sunday, call you in the morning.

Armando

8. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

Alex, thanks for coming by the other day. Good to see your mother too, nice classy lady. Sorry the house was a mess and confusing but it will more than likely stay that way for a while! I know Jose had a great time with you and Andre. He just can not stop laughing with you two! It does my heart good to see that and I know it helps Jose so much.

Thanks again for being a true friend,

Armando

9. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

Quick Update

Here is a copy of an email I sent to Memeorial Hospital in Savannah:

Hello everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since my last update! Jose has now been home for a while and is doing great. It is harder and harder to pinpoint his progress since I see him at least twice a day. Before I could see a difference almost daily but I guess that was because I would see him a maximum once per day and sometimes only every other day. He is not as confused as he once was but still gets distracted quite easily which could be dangerous in certain circumstances like crossing the street etc.

All in all Jose’s old personality, humor and short term memory are returning at a fast rate. There have been many times that he reminds me of things that I forget but my wife says I forget everything anyway! He is eating very well but will only eat healthy things so it is hard to get him to put weight on quickly.

I can not stop telling people how Jose (and us) would never have had a chance to recover to this point if it were not for all of you at Memorial and all of the Mortorcycling comunity. Your treatment and your bedside manor with Jose, us and all of his friends that visited were superior to any I have seen anywhere. You should be proud of yourself and the people you work with. This has meant the world to us and to other people that have not told you for one reason or another. The recommendation of The Shepherd Center was absolutely “spot on”. They are just like all of you and they simply do not quit until the job is done and with a smile!

At the moment, Jose is attending Shepherd Pathways 5 days a week. He was supposed to be released to 3 days a week tomorrow but they decided to keep him for 5 days a week until the 16th of November and then switch to 3 days a week. As I told them this was fine by me for I know that they are doing an incredible job. As far as I am concerned they can keep him for 3 more months because they are doing the right things for his recovery. He has made some friends and learned a lot of humility and the value of life. I think the other patients have benefited from Jose too as he is full of life and always smiles, plays with everyone, and is usually the first to volunteer for any group projects there.

We are planning a trip to Savannah in the near future to visit all of you as Jose wants to meet you all and perhaps he can give some inspiration and hope to patients and family that are as desperate and needing of hope as we were and sometimes still are (if you think this would be a good Idea). I will Email you guys before we come as I would like for him to meet as many of you who personally helped as possible.

In the mean time, attached are some pictures of Jose at the WERA GNF invitational race. He was supposed to race here as his final semi -pro race before racing professionally next year. He was very proud to be able to attend as an invited VIP (Jose’s first time out of the house) by the owners of the WERA Organization and as you can see he was well received (mom and I shed a lot of happy tears that day). Also there are some pictures of Jose at the Halloween party at Shepherds doing The Electric Slide. He has much to dance about!

Thanks for everything Joe,

Armando

10. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Thanks for the update!

Can you post the pictures?

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yeah, I want to see him doing the Electric Slide!!! :D

Love ya Jose!

12. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

How?

I tried to post it but I could not. If you know how to and could tell me , I would be happy to do so. I tried copy paste and read the faq but I do not have a host them at the moment.

Thanks,
    Armando

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  13. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

Jose's evaluation

Hello everyone!,

Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Years. Jose will be taking some tests this week in order to see if he can go back to work safely. They also want to test him to see if he can drive a car too! God help us!! He feels good and started going to the gym again! He says that he lifts weights like a pansy. I told him that he always did and it was better than pushing daisies!

This is very exiting that the doctors are even considering this so soon! I will let you guys know as soon as we know something. Sorry we have been out of touch for so long!!!!!

Thank you all for your support. I am so proud of WERA, the motorcycle community, Southern Cruisers and Jose for never giving up. Life is like a race; you should never give up or slow down until the last flag drops.

Armando :beer:

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:up: :up:

15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

thats great news Armando!! I talked to Jose a few weeks ago, and he was really bummed about not being able to go back to his job working on bikes. Hopefully he'll be able to at least get that part of his life back as well as many others. :up:

16. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

Electric Slide

Hey, I got this to work!
    Enjoy,

Armando

Attached Files:

17. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

And this is just for you! Not as good as your shots though!

Attached Files:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HA! That's great!!

19. Blackvalk

Blackvalk Active Member

This one's for you

This one is for you Mongo!

Attached Files:

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Damn he has good taste in women! :D