1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jose??? any update

Discussion in 'General' started by Parkerson, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

I sure did, A representative from Shepard & Jose's family are meeting today at 2pm & as far as I know they might be getting a roon ready for him :up:
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Alexdouble-R

hahahahaha I heard you said that

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

EXXXXXCEELLLENNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up: :up: :up: :bow:

4. Alexdouble-R

8/15/07 Day 17 @ 10:30pm

There hasn't been too much change in Jose today. He is still breathing on his own and they didn't transfer him to another room today, but the only reason for that is because there wasn't a bed available. There should be one available tomorrow. Jose is still pissed off at everything. He scratched his nose with his own hand today and scrunched his face up. Earlier today, physical therapy came into Jose's room and sat him up on his bed again, once again Jose did well! This evening while we were in for the last visitation period, his brother called and I put him on the phone with Jose. There was obviously a calm that came over Jose, he reached both hands up towards the phone and his left hand actually helped me hold the phone up to his ear. This is the only time we have seen Jose completely still and seeming to listen to every word that was spoken to him. I took the phone away but it seemed he wanted to listen more. So I placed the phone back to his ear. I think his brother asked him some questions because Jose started to move his mouth as though he was answering his brother.

Earlier today we had a meeting with the woman from the Sheppard Spinal Rehabilitation Center in Atlanta. This is where Jose will be going once he gets out of the hospital here. The woman told us today that they have a scale called The Rancho Los Amigos Scale at the center and Jose is at Level 3 – Localized Response. At this level the patient responses are purposeful but inconsistent, and are directly related to the type of stimulus presented, such as turning head toward a sound or focusing on a presented object; may follow simple commands in an inconsistent and delayed manner. It shouldn't be long before Jose advances into Level 4 – Confused, Agitated State, in this state the patient is in a heightened state of activity; severely confused, disoriented, and unaware of present events. The patient reacts to own inner confusion, fear or disorientation. Behavior is frequently bizarre and inappropriate to the immediate environment. The patient's excitable behavior may be abusive or aggressive.

Because of this new information we have learned, and the inferred suggestions from the rehabilitation center's director, we have decided to suspend all visitations to everyone except immediate family. We know everyone loves Jose, but in the best interest to him and his well being we feel that the fewer stimuli that are introduced to him the easier and less stressful his recovery will be. Once he is transferred to the Sheppard Spinal Rehabilitation Center in Atlanta we will want to continue the visitation rights only to the family members until we are confident that it will not hinder his full and speedy recovery. Thank you for everyone's understanding and support.

This really sux for me :(

5. dave333

dave333 traveler

IMHO, completely understandable and very considerate and caring for a friend that is hurt... this really shows y'all want the best for Jose and are willing to take on some additional, tougher personal sacrifices to give him the best chance for a quick, complete recovery... kudo's to you Alex...

6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Thanks for the updates on Jose, we're all still praying for him.

And Alex, looks like you'll just have to hang around with me ;)

7. Alexdouble-R

Ur welcome Vicky
    I really wanted to see him tomorrow :(

8. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yeah, I was really hoping that if they transferred him to Shepards I would be able to visit him too :(

9. Alexdouble-R

Let give him a few weeks & I'm sure they'll let us see him again :up:

10. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

It seems....

It seems like someone is gettng hurt or killed almost every week in our sport. Am I imagining it, or do there seem to be a lot more injuries this year than last year, or recent years past? Of course I know about the risks, etc. etc. etc....it just sems like either a lot more injuries / deaths are getting reported, or there are just a significant number more....

Thoughts?

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I don't think this is the thread for that

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Still thinking about You Jose and family

13. Alexdouble-R

U can start your own Thread about that :up:

14. Alexdouble-R

I was told that Jose was moved to a different room last night or early this morning :)

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Awesome :up:

16. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Great news! that is a huge step in the right direction.

17. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Perhaps you're right...

Well, I just recieved a PM saying that perhaps I should have thought a bit before posting my previous comments. Although I still think it's a valid point, and wasn't placing blame or fault or anything like that, I in no way meant to be insensitive, rude, negative etc. Someone mentioned that perhaps this was not the right thread for those thoughts, and in retrospect I think you're right. Apologies to Jose & family if offense was taken! :(

I also agree that this might be worthy of (and prolly should have been) a separate post.

In any event, get well soon, Man!!

18. Alexdouble-R

Thanks man

19. Alexdouble-R

8/17/07 Day 19 @ 7:00pm

Today Jose was very awake when we arrived today. He was looking around and seemed less agitated with everything today. The respiratory therapist came in today and made his tracheotomy smaller today, with doing that it may allow a little air past the tracheotomy and let it pass the vocal cords. It did!! His first words were, "Hi Mom." Wonderful sounds for anyone to hear. We went to Wal-Mart throughout the day at got him a ball that he could squeeze in case he got mad also as another form of physical therapy for him. He started squeezing it and then started to bounce it on the bed, roll it on his stomach and pass it between his mom and me. He seemed to have fun with it. Jose although has been running a fever all day. Ok I will post more later.

8/18/07 Day 20 @ 7:30pm

I guess the boy never sleeps; he's awake once again when we got there this morning. He is very talkative today. Jose figured out what the suction tube, he was holding it in his hand when we came in and then started to move it everywhere. We gave him a stuffed pig today and he has fallen in love with it. He holds it and squeezes it. He also acted as though he was suctioning its mouth and cleaning its ears with the suction tube. We asked him if the pig's ears were dirty and he said, "Yes." We all started to laugh. He is starting on more occasions to answer detailed questions. This morning the nurse asked Jose to tell her what his mom's name is, Jose said, "Regina". Throughout the day Jose ended up naming Armando and me, although my name was never Kristina, it was more like, Kris-teen, and when asked again who I was Jose's response was, "Mandi's". Jose has also made random comments throughout the day too which entertained us. We could tell that his common sense was still intact because when asked if he would have taken the same trip Armando just took (from Texas to Ohio then to Georgia) or wither he would have he would have just driven from Texas to Georgia, his response was "Texas to Georgia". See he still knows which drive makes more sense. When we all leave each time Jose gives us all kisses on the cheeks, I am usually the last one to get a kiss and when he kissed me one time he said, "This is fun." I asked, "What's fun? Giving everyone kisses?" And Jose's response was, "Yes." His gentle loving side is still so prevalent. When we left this evening I believe his fever has finally broke, or at least become a reasonable temperature. I will post more tomorrow.

20. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

Thank's again for posting updates for us, it's great to hear about how much progress he is making. Keep up the good work Jose! :clap: