1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 GSXR750 or 1000

Discussion in 'General' started by BHopper 5, Apr 14, 2007.

1. BHopper 5

BHopper 5 Well-Known Member

Ok guys I'm about to pull this trigger on a new bike. This bike will serve as multifunction track day and street bike. The biggest question is 750cc or 1000cc? Also could someone that has ridden both please either PM,e-mail me or give me some description here (regrets, different bike, changes, did you get the extra warranty is it worth it etc. etc.). Yes I have read all the magazine out there about the rave review on the 1000. But is it really worth the extra $1500 for the 1000?

Also what are you dealers getting for these new bikes? Spoke with the dealer today that said $9900 for a 1000 not haggling the black and orange was $11000 (BS for a color).

Thanks for the time guys

Brad

2. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

1000 without a dought.
    You can change the mapping with a switch so it will feel like a 750.
    The 1000 is so much fun to ride:up:

3. JRod

JRod Well-Known Member

yup 1000 all the way, if you want to get used to the power of a 750 just put the switch to the 750 pos. Then when you are ready flip to 1000!!!!!!!

4. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

Id go with the 750. Its unique, cheaper, and alot cheaper on tires!

5. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I very interested in this same subject. People have told me that I might have a better chance getting a 750 around the track faster than a 1000. Is this true?

Isn't there a bigger difference between the two than just shutting down the power on the 1000 and saying you now have a 750?

Who has raced both? I'd even be interested in 2006 opinions.
    Thanks.

6. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

I would say the 1K right now but next spring when the 750 gets all the gadgets the 1K has now.... I would get a 750

7. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Why the 750 then and not the 1000? Be specific, please?

8. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Schwantz said 750 was the perfect bike...and I agree about the tires for sure!!!

9. BHopper 5

AS the bike will do duel purpose is the only reason I'm not going with a 600. If it was strictly a race bike I would get a 600 hell my 97F3 will be the main track bike. Its still a blast to ride just a big pig by todays bikes.

I do wish it had under the seat exhaust though.

Damn the new bike bug has me drinking and already shopping for new stuff for theh bike. OOHH well Gentalman Jack and coke Saturday night toast.

:up:

10. 418

418 Expert #59

My opinion, a mid-pack Novice.

General concensus is, most people who ride 1000's can't ride them near their capability and are usually overwhelmed with the power. So they go faster on a 750 or even a 600 due to feeling more confident. Note: vosnick52 loves his 1000, but I don't consider Tim your "average" club racer.

It's taken me a while to get used to my 1000, and the style of how you ride one is alot different than what I'm used to, being "raised" on 600's.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get a 750. Best of both worlds, close to 600 handling, and close to 1000 power. Also, it doesn't have the outright torque, which is what makes a 1000 difficult to ride, IMHO. And what destroy's tires. Then again, I just learned how to deal with my 1000, so going back to something else would be another learning curve...

Most south eastern tracks suit a 750 better anyways.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  11. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

Insurance rates & tire life.

12. BHopper 5

+1 for insurance and tires

Was there a really big difference between the 06-07 750? From what I had read they went unchanged.

13. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

i say 750...few years ago we chose 750 over 1k and set fast time in 2 of the three endurances we entered and missed the third by 2 thousands of a second its hard to utilize a 1k on most tracks.. let alone tires thatll work ona 750 a 1k will beat up if set up is off.....i only delt with a few guys that could use a 1k in my 19 years oh wrenchin' good luck tho

14. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

We have both right out of the crate for sale less than dealer price, pm if interested.

15. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

In my opinion you can't go wrong with either the 750 or the 1000. Both are great bikes. Make your choice and don't second guess. You will be happy.

They are both overkill on the street. Both beg you to do something stupid at every on ramp, clover leaf or twisty road. Both are equally uncomfortable in a straight line for long distances.

On the track:

You are more likely to feel fast on the 750. It pulls harder in the upper rpm range. You will change gears more and you keep the throttle open longer than on the 1K. Eventually you will wonder what it would be like to have more power.

On the 1K you are constantly thinking "How much power can I turn loose right now?" WOT at every turn exit is a sure ticket to an eventual highside. Throttle control plays a much bigger part than it does on the 750.

16. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

if you need to flip a switch to make it feel like a 750 - get a 750.

17. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

if it were street only. I would get a 1k....they scare me on the race track though

18. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

My luck, I'll get a 750 (track only) and the manufacturers will all come out with 800cc bikes next year.

19. stabber

stabber Well-Known Member

I would get a R1 since they look better :moon: I would get the 1000 for the street because it sounds like you will wish you had everytime you ride.

20. BellsHonda

BellsHonda Well-Known Member

Alot depends on your experience. What have you been riding before? How much track time have you done and how much are you planning to do?

I personally love the 750. The 1000 is what it is; a lightweight, high horsepower, high torque, two wheeled rocket. Nothing beats the adrenaline rush of a 1000, but the 750 is easier to ride on the track and street for me. sure the Superbike guys ride 1000's but nobody who rides one well will tell you it's an easy bike to ride.

If your close to KY, give me a call and I'll give you prices on either. If you aren't, good luck in your search, you really can't go wrong with either.

Later,
    Myron