WERA vs CCS (What do you think?)

Discussion in 'General' started by vaCBRgirl, Nov 25, 2005.

1. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Formula 2 will basically be SV650's. It goes by Super Bike Rules. Basically run what ya brung for the smaller bikes. Formula 1 is the same for the bigger bikes.

FORMULA 2 EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 360cc 2-stroke water-cooled twins
    Up to 500cc 2-stroke air-cooled twins and multis
    Up to700cc 4-stroke twins
    Up to 600cc 4-stroke air-cooled multis
    Up to 565cc 4-stroke water-cooled multis
    Unlimited singles
    All D Superbike Machines

As for the transponder keep checking the classifieds and post a wanted ad for it in the wanted to buy/trade...from what I've seen they go quick

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

CMRA
    So there's neither of an IQ test nor do you need to know much about club racing outside your own crib, eh?

3. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I know who you all are, but where's the humor in that? Ya' mini bike riding oklahoma CCSer.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Hey, do I know you? You don't happen to work at Sprocketz and ride a maroon SV, do you? If not, I apologize, I talked someone not that long ago kind of fit what you just described.

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

7. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

8. vaCBRgirl

vaCBRgirl Member

Hey! Yup, it's me! However I am not at Sprocketz (Honda House) any more. The Kawasaki shop, R&S Sport Vehicles, in Mechanicsville gave me an offer I couldn't refuse so I am over there now. I still have the ol' "Bloody Stool" SV :D . I find that description much more, well, descriptive, than maroon. Hee hee. I guess it would be REALLY gross if I put little stickers of pieces of corn on it, huh?

Yippee! I have a friend! I feel like I am world famous!

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

10. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

I'm friends with him...it ain't all that.:Poke:

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

So ya gonna make it to VIR in March? They usually have a TPM day the day before and a licensing class

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

I wonder if he is now regretting all the lies he told her about what a great racer he is.............:D

13. wrecklessfool

wrecklessfool I am my bike's bitch...

What's up Elena? I see you might be racing this upcoming year...Butters may have some good insight for you on differences between the two organizations. I would like to take a stab at racing just novice but with a 600 I hear the grid is slam packed and the competition is fierce! Sounds like my kind of fun!:up: Anyway I hope to maybe run into you at VIR this year since it's been so long since we talked. Hope all is well and good luck in the upcoming season! -Jason

14. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

fixed that for ya:D

15. dylanfan53

dylanfan53 Member

Interesting comments. As a CCS racer who lurks over here sometimes, I'll throw in that it's the schedule and convenience of the tracks that determines where I race since I don't have time to spend long weekends getting to and from tracks.

IMHO, it isn't like CCS are a bunch of unsocial, anti-family types. I travel alone and I'm never without friends at the track and people to hang with. I've been to both events and I haven't noticed a difference in the family atmosphere or friendliness. Then again, I don't go to the track to play with your wife. ;)

Any decent minded racer, regardless of the org, will lend a hand to help a newbie or load a bike when the rider's injured.

WERA's board definitely rocks though. Just ask the other CCS people that lurk over here like I do.

16. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

hey! welcome, dylanfan!

i'll second that. i actually sensed a better family atmosphere at ccs....but i can't imagine that as a whole either is better in that category.

biggest difference is wera has more available info through this bbs, and has better timing/scoring. noone is meaner than wera registration folks.....but they are pretty effective.

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I like to think of WERA officials as 'firm' rather than 'mean'.
    If you warrant 'mean' from any of them, more than likely you're in an assload of trouble.

18. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

:stupid:

19. vaCBRgirl

vaCBRgirl Member

I had better be there. If I am not, you all have permission to come and kick me in the face and call me a chicken and a sissy.

Hey Jason! Long time ol' buddy! Still at the beach? I think I have picked Butters' brain about the difference. I believe he is die hard CCS. Steve and Tim ran WERA. Butters still owes Meghan royalties for using the name she gave him. Or at least a T-shirt.

What are you doing next season? I sure wanted to do more track days last season, but the house changed that plan. Not that I am complaining. Anyone have any extra doors? I seem to have thrown all of mine away.

BTW my response from CCS about registering for the forum got stuck in my aol spam box. Hee hee. I know I don't have any affiliation with anyone yet, but it doesn't mean I can't make a stab here and there.

20. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

[​IMG]