MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

The only thing I dislike about the baggers is the small grids

The Great One, cBJr, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  2. L1MTD

L1MTD Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service and sacrifice, NASCAR fan.

*salute*

Chazzz and AndrewG725 like this.
  3. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

THIS ^^^^^

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I see areas in the MA paddock that they could clear off unneeded and not contributing classes but the baggers ain’t one of ‘em. :)

Yama-saurus likes this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Sonya has posted up her BTR RE for sale on FB at $9k, with a note that all money is going back into her 2024 season, "specifically for tires lol."

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Guess I'm just chopped liver:Poke:

7. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

baggers is probably the only class there is any way he could get a free or paid ride. I don’t think Rocco is being financed by his parents anymore like many young MA pro riders

8. AndrewG725

What a deal that they get to keep the bike and sell after lol. I wonder why anyone would pay 9k for those Dino’s when that’s money you could get a built twins bike for

9. AndrewG725

this is the reality whether we like it or not. While there is still money out there, especially with the economy doom it’s bleak. Bank of mom and dad is the ticket! lol. But isn’t that all pro racing nowadays regardless?

10. AndrewG725

rich parents and a country that is much more serious about motorsports

L1MTD likes this.
  11. AndrewG725

lol sideshow? Baggers are the most popular class in MA

12. AndrewG725

Has she raced twins bikes or 600 at the club level? Technically AMA requires six rounds as an expert on those bikes to qualify for a twins cup license, though maybe they would approve it just because of already doing BTR?

13. AndrewG725

lol at comparing stock cars to formula class, yeah there’s way less opportunity to get into F1 when it costs tens of millions to make the journey and there’s only 20 drivers. F1 is probably as popular or I’d argue more popular in some parts of the country than NASCAR is, I know F1 is more popular in my 18-34 peer group.
    You seem to fail to grasp the reality that bagger racing is the show right now. Bigger fan base and they put on some pretty cool spectacle. Luckily superbike seems to be getting mixed up a lot more now than just Gagne winning every race, that will probably help. The average MA watcher is a middle aged (white?) male homeowner if I remember correctly from the stats. I do not see that changing with the current marketing strategy

14. AndrewG725

had to make room for BTR? Lmao

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Is there a class that requires more money and effort than baggers just to make the bike compatible for the track? I could not be less interested in a class.

Skter505 and Namarow like this.
  16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Hooligans

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

SOOOO lets actually see if thats true:

Gotta put a disclaimer in that while this was fun, idk how statistically viable it is. Superbike appears to be missing 4 rounds and I divided by races not by videos, that is impossible bc Motoamerica didnt consistently show all the sessions.

Anyways, in terms of social media baggers seems to be more popular. well kind of.... baggers crushes it on Facebook. On the other platforms, Superbike is still very much the most interacted with class and gets the most action per post. On Instagram, a post is averaging 33,431,384 things (views, impressions, comments, shares) for SBK v. 29,734,297 for KOTB.

Superbike appears to be missing the last four rounds, even so, in terms of live+ views, Superbike is the most watched class. If we take views and divide by total races (SBK had 20 and KOB had 18 w/ the challenges) Superbike damn near triples Bags with 12,352.7 views per race to kotb's 5,200 vpr and I factored in a complete data set so, if I take out 8 races that number increases to 20,588.

YT shows the same - 408,669 sbk v. 280,130 kob views per race

L1MTD, AndrewG725 and Namarow like this.
  18. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

Just getting interested in trying to race Super Hooligan motorcycles late in my life, so this has been an interesting conversation, but in my previous life, I raced IMCA dirt open wheel modifieds and late models for 20 years. Funny that you mention bank of mom and dad as many of the racers where funded primarily by family interested in getting them into previously the mentioned NASCAR ranks. I was no different except my mother made me show everybody that she sponsored me, in order to get funding for my race habit, I had to put on the rear valance panel of every car, "Sponsored by Mom."

19. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Here's the link to Motoamerica's official metrics that break it down a bit more and should include the entirety of the 2022 and 2023 seasons now. On the registration website, it's in the competitor info tab and labeled 'Motoamerica Marketing Info'.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y0676hlsbyhvrc5/AAC0UzIjS4rzVsQY7t9aCOCYa?dl=0

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

9k wouldn't get you a built Jr cup bike. A freshly built R7 or RS660 capable of running up front is going to cost you 25-30k.

Gino230, L1MTD, Robby-Bobby and 2 others like this.