MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

did you listen to the paddock pass podcast with the trackhouse guy? when asked about an American in GP in the next few years he was very open its something that is a ways away.

He said he spoke with Ben Spies about what the talent pool looks like and it doesn't seem like we have anyone on the radar. He was quoted as saying: "It is going to require an investment, which Trackhouse is prepared to do, at the national/entry level. That might mean creating a new class or partnering with MotoAmerica but the fact of the matter is we are years away from it most likely and it will take commitment at all levels of the development.

AndrewG725 and koth442 like this.
  2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They may not all go on to do what you, gatekeeper, think of as motorcycle life. But, more will than without the rat/brat/modern chopper lifestyle they are participating in.

3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Supercross is popular because of the money poured into it. The money being poured into it is from the manufacturers. The aftermarket parts, tires, riding gear and energy drinks are here because of the bike manufacturers.
    The bike manufacturers still benefit from the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday " business model.
    That business model works for the baggers 10 to 1 over the sports bikes.
    Return on investment.
    Plain and simple.

Gino230 and Senna like this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Hooligans would be ok if they got rid of the air cooled pieces of shit that wobble around 30 seconds off the pace. The BTR crap needs to go. I understand the concept of the class but seriously, if it wasn't for RE paying for the track time, it wouldn't be in the MA schedule. It needs to go to AHRMA.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

6. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

The end of an era! Best wishes for Tryg, his family and the whole team

Senna likes this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

That’s a huge bummer.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That truly sucks.

Hope you get better Tryg!

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

So now the big ?’s are:

Scholtz
    Cam P
    JD

I really hope these 3 guys are back on the SBK grid. This has really been one of the weirdest silly seasons I can recall with riders moving, team attrition, new teams…

And what about Xavi? Has Warhorse given an official yay/nay on a 2nd superbike?

All of these moving parts seem to set up Gagne perfectly for a 4-peat.

418 likes this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

Westby leaving is a huge blow to the series IMHO.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah, they were my favorite team and they had a backstory that was very compelling.

Hoping Tryg gets better.

12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree here. I have an idea that I thought could help MotoAmerica, both short and longterm.

Provide a set number of tickets per round for free entry for elementary students and their families. Send them out to schools within certain radius of the track, maybe 2-3 hours or whatever makes sense. (I know they currently do kids under certain age free with paying adults, but I'm saying let the adult bringing the student in free too).

I think a free trip minus gas and food, etc, would entice more families to come out. When they attend, even though they're not paying a gate fee they are adding to your attendance numbers which you can use when finding sponsors. It's also provides more business for food vendors. You're already not getting their business so why not let them in free with the purpose of getting the kids hooked now for free entry so that later they pester their pate ts about going back (this time as paying customers).

All kids everywhere still go nuts when they see motorcycles, find a way to get them in and drag their parents along.

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well, you're kinda getting your wish, American Air-Cooled Twins is no longer a class in SuperHooligans. As far as BTR, I like it, just make it actual new riders/racers instead of throwing one woman in with obvious prior experience who runs away from the rest like they're stalled...

AndrewG725 likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I think you are kind of on the right track. Moto A Could see about teams hosting 4 or 5 kids in the pits during a practice secession or something and get them around the bike riders and teams.

Namarow likes this.
  16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Can I be in the Southern Charm Episode instead of the Housewives? My Ex used to watch the Housewives of NJ over and over again (she actually IS a Housewife in NJ now) and I think I would get arrested for murdering one of them before the show got to air.

YamahaRick likes this.
  17. Gino230

Heard yesterday that Orange Cat may be resurrected. They tried to sell the whole team (bikes, equipment, semi) as a package, but since that didn't happen they may be in a position to come back. The structure will be changing with the riders responsible to bring in some sponsorship to make it happen.

That really sucks about Westby. It's not just Scholtz that is losing out. Chuck Giaccetto, Ed Sullivan, and alot of other hard working people on that team, MA really needs them in the paddock!

If Tytlers and Westby are both gone with no replacement, that's really bad for the Superbike class.

18. Gino230

@Namarow as a purist, of course it makes sense to not like the baggers. But I will tell you one thing, they are distinctive. @Dave K and many others don't like Twins or Jr. Cup. Well, the fans need something to watch going around the track while they are waiting for Superbike to come on. Don't forget we're trying to keep them entertained for a whole weekend.

The reason I bring up "distinctive". Since I've been to almost every round since 2018, I can tell you that most fans don't know the difference between a Twin and a Stock 1000. I would bet less than 20% of the people through the gate can tell you the difference between all of the classes. They may know one or two riders, and they know Superbike is the big class. And nowadays, they know the Baggers! They are a draw to a series that needs eyes on it to make MONEY.

Europe, Europe, Europe. If a rider wants to succeed in EUROPE, he needs to move there as a kid, ride their tracks and bikes. I know, it's impossible, it's expensive. etc.

What is the definition of "success in Europe"? 90% of the Moto2 rides are paid for by the rider. Last I heard it was $250,ooo for a season. The point is, it's ALREADY a rich person's game. (Don't hate the messenger)

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

And now it looks like ASRA is adopting Hooligans in a fashion, Thunderbike is now Thunderbike / Outlaw with SHish rules, max OEM claimed HP of 125 or less, air cooled allowed open mods, 750cc and up liquid twins must use stock crank/rods/pistons/camshafts. They allow singles, two strokes, triples and four cylinder machines too so a bit more variety. They're also adopting the MA Bagger class definitions too it appears, going to be running them at the Loudon Classic with a claim of the largest Bagger purse ever.

AndrewG725 and Gino230 like this.
  20. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

+3