MotoAmerica | Ridge Motorsports Park | June 23 - 25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 20, 2023.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

In my opinion, supersport is fair game. Remember when most SBK riders rode supersport because it was so important to the manufacturers? Also, you're going down a slippery slope when you're talking about indexing riders out of certain classes, especially when there are no opportunities for said rider in the other classes. There is a provision for it in the regulations, and when Robem brought Marcon over they had to check his CV before they gave him a twins license. I can tell you when RL97 went to get his twins license for 2023 there was a bit of pushback, but that went out the window when we reminded them about a seasoned supersport/sstk1000 rider at Daytona riding a blue bike with a tuning fork logo on it.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I could be wrong but wasn't he just riding and wrecking a lot. Like if he wasn't up front, he was way back or on the ground? Or was it Moto3?

Anyways, kinda like we used to have a bausta crash count and get him on the right bike in the right series he's unstoppable. Maybe that what we are seeing....

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Very true, and I shouldn't have spoken in a manner that made it sound like I wanted regulation. I agree 100%, ride what you can ride. I suppose for arguments sake I wanted to note that those two (imo) are a bit overqualified so lets not try to mess with the Duc because they made a smart rider call.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Like I said, he was on the same bike, in the same series last year with restrictions that made it closer to the 600s. The biggest variable seems to be the performance adjustment.

cav115 and 418 like this.
  5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So Sunday I tried to watch the 2nd superbike race on youtube live and they had issues or something at lap 10:mad:

So, after watching the last 6 laps I just believe this is the best racing in years.

The standout?!?! Cam B slows down and gives congrats to his competitors then comes in to winners circle and gives congrats to everyone there. (and a big hug to Gagne his former team mate) What a gracious winner.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

True enough, except for two small things, there is no willful ignorance on my part and there is no hate toward Ducati. I am sure I do not know all of the intracacies of balancing performance and what the complete sitauation is, which is why I said that I believe that to be the case. Do you know otherwise, or just attempting a cheap shot where you thought you could get away with it?
    I like Ducati and always have. I am just not a huge fanboi that puts them above any of the other manufacturers.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

8. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Circacee, The Beer Hunter and 418 like this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Cool looking swingarm pivot.

Does the BMW use a Full Floater-like suspension linkage? (Reference to early 80s Suzuki suspension that was amazing).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Arioch, 418, stk0308 and 1 other person like this.
  11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Do you know the cost differences between the Duc and say Hayes R6? Or the difference in cost between buying a Duc and said Duc factory effort?

Devil`s in the details....

MELK-MAN and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

There is a serious financial appeal to running an next gen machine, especially the Duc or Triumph. Stock, retuned motor seriously keeps the cost down especially when compared to the cost of an R6 motor with porting, cams, stacks, and etc. Not to mention probably having that motor rebuilt multiple times a year.

cav115 and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I assumed was Tyler Scott haha

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's much more than a graves R6. My buddy has around $50k in his V2, Warhorse had one for sale before the 200 and the price was around $45K.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

eh... what's $25,000 in this day and age . LOL

cav115 and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. Gino230

Oh I agree the numbers are ridiculous. Half of the people buying these bikes would get outrun by a $6500 '08 R6. But at the pointy end of the field where we're talking tenths- you know how it is.

I Thought I remembered reading that a Graves R6 with the heads, stacks, etc was $40K plus?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

could be, and i think i have seen from their website that much, but that's having Graves build it. with them doing suspension and everything.
    I remember when FL region racer Brad Graham was running the Eraldo F Ducati with his lifelong friend Mike paying the bills. The Ducati's were insanely expensive to keep going for the season. is an r6 costly to refresh during the year? sure.. but nothing like the Ducati from what little i know, and what i hear from others racing the Ducs.

418 likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

And to think, I spent $12K for a used 2010 Graves R6 for Tyler, when we decided to step it up the year he was hurt and show up with two bikes for each round. I really debated weather it was worth spending that much coin, since the original 2008 R6 we started with was $4800 with Ohlins front and rear, stainless pipe, rear sets, electronics, etc. However the first rebuild on the 08, which came before any AMA rounds, required all new valves in the head which are quite expensive.

19. backbone

backbone scarred for life

It sucks to have to protest. But, I don't care if it's 1mm off it is still cheating. Somebody has to call it out. What would have really pissed people off is if the race director made them pay $100 and let them keep their points because it wasn't a performance advantage. :P

tophyr, Kurlon and Boman Forklift like this.
  20. Gino230

I actually ended up with that bike, and raced it in the 200 twice.

I also rebuilt it three times, and can tell you that the gasket kit alone for a Ducati is 10x that of the Yamaha. Although I've only had to rebuild one R6 motor despite racing them for 10 years and doing 2 D200's......

I don't know about the new generation of Ducati motors. They have come a long way with the use of plain bearings, etc. More like the Japanese. I think they are far more reliable, but building a Ducati race bike is always going to be more expensive. Just my .02..... (that's $2.00 for the Ducati guys.)

MELK-MAN and Boman Forklift like this.