Gym membership

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Tell them the contract is not valid due to significant and material changes to the service they provide (or no longer provide) and if they file a false claim on your credit per an null and void contract, they will be subject to reimbursement of your legal fees and potentially punitive damages.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Proving that the terms of the contract were substantially changed due to the gym reducing the amenities without a commensurate reduction in the contracted cost sounds easy enough.

For $840 it will go to small claims and those are the most informal and lenient courts around. Showing up with a lawyer won’t serve you well financially or in the referee’s eyes, at least if they run things down there like they do here.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

even if it goes to collections it really doesn't fuck anything up. I've had something from directv get put on my credit because my dad has the same name and he wouldn't pay on principle it dropped my score only a few points and has never stopped me from getting a loan etc even when it was on my report.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

screw all this legal crap. Go to the gym open carrying a big ass pistol. Like Desert Eagle or 44mag revolver with 9in barrel.

And a speedo.

Wont take 1 or 2 trips and they will be happy to end your contract.

edit: also mumble to yourself and get angry at nothing. Yell at the water cooler for spying on you, etc.

5. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Free consultation with a lawyer sounds like the way to go here. Better safe than sorry.

MELK-MAN and Gorilla George like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I mean if you're having to pay a lawyer you mine as well settle it with uppercuts first

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. I like this.

That’s basically what I told the guy, but not so “politically correct”.

The bitchass dude on the phone with his fucking holier-than-thou attitude had my blood boiling. The wife heard me from the other side of the house and came to see whose ass I was ripping into.

She was like “You probably traumatized the poor guy”. I was like “Fuck him”.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hire Dits (he’s a lawyer) to go shit in the gym owner’s fort.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Do you have access to legal assistance via your employer? That would be a cost effective way to have a letter written to the new owner stating the contract is null and void, due to the loss of resources within the gym. Or get the same done and pay for it directly out of your pocket.

10. I would actually agree to something like that.

If the guy was like “You did sign a Contract, but we did drastically reduce what the gym offers you. So if you are willing to pay half of the remainder of your Contract, we will call it even”.

I’d be ok with that.

But to come at me with his self-righteous bullshitass attitude the way he did, fuck him.

I HOPE he calls me again with that same douche attitude. I’ll hang up, go straight there, and see if he is willing to give me that kind of attitude to my face.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    ToofPic and sdg like this.
  11. My wife is very high up in my company (in HR). I’m sure she could draft something (or have one of the people that work for her do it).

YamahaRick likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Had to scroll all the way until one bright light in here finally mentions uppercuts

:D

13. :crackup:

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Write them an email response threating to leave them a bad review all over the internet and social media.

Health department and building code guys are next after that.

They'll cuck in fear every time

I'm normally not that kind of guy, but if you back me in a corner I promise you're going to regret it as I crawl out.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why pay at all if he voided the contract by substantially changing the benefits you contracted for?

And if they send it to collections, there is one rule. Do not respond in any way to a collection agency, not by mail, not by phone.
    You have no contract with them but you risk creating one if you talk to them. Do, however, keep all correspondence and especially messages they leave on your phone.
    A couple of years ago I sued a collections agency for leaving me illegal messages and they settled by paying me $3500.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Doesn’t even need to be from a lawyer. Simply a letter stating that Chris considers any contract null and void due to the undisclosed plans to severely diminish the amenities at the execution of the contract, constituting bad faith.

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I always enjoy when you go coo-coo for coco -puffs.But you gotta think broader,and more misery.
    I personally would go in there,and shit all over myself,and smear it on every fucking machine he owns.
    I would never! go in there that I wasn't shitting on something! Shit scares people more than anything!
    One of my old truck driving jobs tried to send me back out on the road when i was due hometime.I told them
    I would shit myself,the truck,and arrive at the shipper in this condition.So,I was told to go home.
    Who's to say,you don't have intestinal problems,and No Way In Hell do you want out of that contract.Shower up
    when your done,rinse and repeat.This could topple the water story,but you gotta think outside the box.Also as an extra
    fart spray,and sardine juice in carpet.

Now that dookie turd guys gonna show up..I just know it..any mention of shit in a thread:D

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Getting a copy of that contract is step one, check out all the fine print.
    Is your SSN on the contract? If not, much easier to dispute if you're good with some withholding of facts.
    If it goes to collections, you can dispute the debt with them either way, and should do so. You can also pay a lawyer to handle the dispute with the collection agency.
    Find a good contract lawyer to do that for you, and the collection agency will likely decide $840 isn't worth the fight.
    The new gym owner might take you to small claims, but more likely hand it off to a collection agency.

Also, agreed with sending them notice first. And shitting all over them in social media - how the gym got rid of everything good, they refuse to work with you, etc. That's all social media is good for. New owner will beg you to stop.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    Gorilla George and cbush like this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Next time you are at the gym, go like this:

[​IMG]

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Fuck 'em
    You get dinged for $840 to a non-national gym. Maybe they send to collections.
    You can tell collections to get fucked, as you're not paying.
    They report you to any/all credit bureaus.

I'm guessing you're generally in the 825+ range on credit. So, inside of 6 months IF they report it, you'll be back there or higher..

Fuck'em