how embarrassing...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You guys think shitbox trucks are embarrassing? I’ll tell ya - at the beach one time, I saw this gorgeous chick waving at me out in the water. I mean, she was a knockout fit bodied woman. So I started waiving back, maybe a little too frantically and then I realized, oh - she’s drowning.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

F*CK!!! I had an awesome picture from a few years back hauling 2 of my bikes plus a 3rd bike tagging along for Dustin, wedged in the middle of an 8’ bed………Maryland to Daytona. Must have somehow erased the pic from my old flipper phone:mad: Thank da’lawd for 8’ beds………and fuck Prius’s:D

The Todd likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hope you have fun with that, my mom is 75.

tl1098 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah. I caught that same fish. :rolleyes:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Mine’s only 73…

But I have a 3500, so I don’t qualify. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It’s now about if I do.

But it’s the fact that I CAN.

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

8. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Van guys be smirking in the back as the truck guys have their pissing contest.

9. StaccatoFan

Guess you haven't priced trucks recently, or ANY other cars for that matter.

OH and thanks of the laugh at your expense....just because I was curious how many CUBIC dollars difference there was for that extra 2 feet of bed space (ON THE SAME WHEEL BASE as a 5.5 bed, btw).

https://shop.ford.com/configure/f150/model/customize/undefined

F-150 Lariat package...NO OTHER OPTIONS:

5.5 bed with Super Crew cab $53405 MSRP

8 foot bed with Super Cab (Super Crew isn't available with 8 foot bed) $51335 MSRP.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Whoooo hoooo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......don't do your taxes yourself. Math fucks you up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Jeesus are 8ft beds that much of a premium!? How the hell are you guys afforidng that?!

11. StaccatoFan

Sorry...I typed an extra "3" in there...I was laughing WAY too hard. Luckily, I could still go in and remove that extra numeral.

Spend $2K more and get 2 foot less bed. LOVE IT!

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey knucklehead using your definition, is the Supercrew cab with a 5.5 bed nicer than the Super Cab with the 8 ft bed?

I don't know, I have a Supercrew with an 8 ft bed, and like I said it's a pain in the ass to drive, but great for towing which is pretty much all I try to use it for.

13. StaccatoFan

It was as close as I could get with a Lariat package between the two for cost comparison sake.

Here's even more fun...I'd bet it's the same chassis, so same wheelbase.

NEVER said pickup trucks are the ideal for a daily driver. I don't daily drive mine either. It's about leaving the capacity/utility of a truck behind at the dealership when you buy thinkin' falsely that a shorter bed is saving you money or a 95% solution.

For over $50K...I want a 100 percent solution. Not a half-assed solution.

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

my f250 has the 6'-9" bed. im 6'4". so i can sleep in the back with the tailgate up and be fine. gets everything i need done, the extra length of an 8' would suck to daily drive and i cant afford multiple vehicles soooo this works perfectly fine for me.

tows the toy hauler just fine and holds the dirt bikes in the back with the tailgate up and all the fuel cans, gear bags etc.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

FWIW...
    Our CrewCab dually/8' bed is 21'10", has a WB of 172" and a turning radius of 29.2'.
    The SuperCab dually/8' bed that I want is 21'2", has a WB of 154" and a turning radius of 27.1'.
    That 2' less turning radius prolly equates to a 2-point turnaround in our driveway vs the 4-point turnaround (sometimes 6-). I imagine those 2-point turns could be 4-points on occasion, as well.
    Parking in public? I gotta think harder, sometimes. No worries.

I'm not lookin' for a smaller truck for driving convenience, I just have no need for four doors...and a regular cab is useless for weather protection of select cargo.
    Also, I'm pretty much done with diesels. I'll never buy a newer one and there are gassers that would give our 7.3PS some competition in the towing department.

Either way, if it ain't an 8' bed, it ain't a truck...same as 4-dr Wranglers ain't Jeeps. :D

Motofun352 and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. Pussies.

I have hauled lumber in a Porsche Macan Turbo, more than once. Fold the back seats down and have the lumber going from just in front of the radio, all the way to the back of the boot.

17. You guys are missing the most important part.

Hauling shit, towing shit, sleeping, etc. Meh.

More importantly, the 8' bed looks silly.

[​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Pfft Tinkerbell………when all I had was my little Subaru Lez-wagon, I hauled a cbr600 f2 by pulling off the frontend and packed the bike in the back in 2 pieces with the rear seat folded :D Sometimes we do what we gotta :p

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

My GTI does 99% and my fold up HF trailer does the rest.

30 some MPG, fun as hell to drive, and can park anywhere (even with the trailer attached).

HPPT and BigBird like this.
  20. That is my thinking also.

I hated having a bigass truck as a daily driver. After going with the RV/Trailer combo (rather than the diesel truck and 5th wheel Toyhauler), I saw no need for a truck. It has now been like 8 years since I had a truck and I can't say there has been a single day that I have missed having one.

I can haul groceries, golf clubs, luggage, etc in the car and if I need to do anything else, I have a 6x9 open trailer with a ramp. If there is a time when I really need a truck for a specific task, i will go rent one. But that hasn't happened yet.

BigBird likes this.