MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I give up on fixing the pics but…

You get the idea.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Great pics. I have the same issue so what I have found that works for me is that I go into edit mode in photos and simply just hit save changes and when I upload to here it doesn’t rotate. No idea how or why but it works for me.

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

D47FCB8F-0ABD-4ECD-8F7B-1C50F2CCF652.jpeg

418 and socalrider like this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

No shit!!! Thanks!!

G 97 likes this.
  6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Great pics!

and thanks Rick! :D

G 97 and pjzocc like this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

A5644CD1-FB04-4030-9B7B-1254FD0A011C.jpeg

Funny story with CP. So Boomer’s karate BFF… his pops is from Johannesburg and I’ve told him that there’s several SA peeps racing in MA. He didn’t believe me. So our goal was to find Cam and get him on video giving Ryan a shout out. Cam totally obliged and it was awesome!! Ryan told me to call Cam a “doos” (like LEWIS but with a D). I had no clue.

I shoulda betta known betta.

CP rolled with it.

Such a chill dude!

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I'm in the beat-up brown RV facing the VP truck! Black trailer, black/orange bike, #74.

pjzocc likes this.
  9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

this shit again? he's at a physical dis-advantage compared to the kids around him (half his weight in a class that weight really matters), and don't say "experience" either because a lot of kids have been racing for a decade by the time they're 14.

it's a race class. racers race.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I don’t blame him for racing Jr Cup. I think reducing the age limit would make sense for that class.

The tougher thing would be putting hard moves on what is essentially kids in that class as a 28 year old.

418 likes this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I hope you're trolling.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

eh. yes, it is harder. i used to race flattrack over the winter for practice, and i had a mini-framer 150cc before they got super popular, so i ended up racing against the 10yos (100-175cc class, ridden basically exclusively by 4th graders). those kids banged bars like their dinner depended on it, though. every time i came into a corner too hot or got a little too close to one of the kids, my brain would internally scream "DO NOT RUN OVER A CHILD"... but then invariably some other kid would be in just as hot as well and fuckin berm off me like i was part of the course.

now, obviously, the stakes are higher when roadracing at 100+mph, but the point is "those kids are surprisingly tough".

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Is it raining where you are?

14. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Same scenario in Mini Roadracing I can’t count the number of times I was passed mid corner by Rocco Landers, Travis Horn, Brenden Kettlesen Damian Jigalov and the list goes on while trying to go as fast as I could but yet, there they went off into the distance.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Hey, if you want a photo and a poster with the 21st place Twins racer :D, swing by the upper garages and say hi!

16. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

:crackup::crackup:

StaccatoFan and Monsterdood like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Other than MotoST which was a hybrid type class allowing pros and amateur sort of outside regular AMA DMG classes, what classes utilized the rolling starts.

18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

We had the rolling starts for Daytona Sportbike, two by two, we had the pace car, we had the near disaster at Laguna with the pace car parked in the blind turn, then we had the pace bike.

One time some guys didn't show up for the start, so they waved some guys forward to close up the gaps on the one side, meaning guys that qualified behind us got to start in front of us. When our crew chief protested the official threatened to remove us from the grid!

We had all kinds of car-centric dog shit that the car guy officials were in love with. We had the jump start penalties based on microscopic vibrations. It was wild man.

What a shit show, I still suffer from DMG PTSD, and now it has been triggered by you guys talking about it, thanks a lot!

backbone, Blammo, HPPT and 9 others like this.
  19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm pretty sure they did. How long they did it, I don't remember.
    I'm the Starter for car events, and I remember some odd rule for the DMG starts that stipulated you couldn't get on the gas until you hit the Start/Finish line. So the green flag was waving and everyone took off instead of staying in formation until they crossed the line. Rolling starts didn't last long.
    I also remember seeing Ed Sorbo with the Pace Bike at Daytona.

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Being in the game, doesn't preclude you from being a douche.

Example #1: He set up fake email accounts on what I believe was usenet, at the time, pumping up his Team Skulk website. I called him out on it, because the writing style was the same as his. Magically, the fake notes went away.

Example #2: He ran out of gas during a practice session I was in, and I almost ass-packed him accelerating out of a corner while he was grabbing at his petcock, instead of getting off the racing line and looking for it.

rapidzrx and YamahaRick like this.