1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Shocker: Trader Joes (and Whole Foods and their ilk) are like...everywhere. At least 2 in/around Columbus

I'll give you the win on beaches

motion likes this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Fuck Trader Joe’s lol

Whole Foods is dope… it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that it’s owned by Amazon

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought the problem with Whole Foods is the name was really Whole Paycheck. I know out here, I won’t even step in that store, based on the prices before Amazon took them over, are they reasonable now?

At least Trader Joe’s has reasonable prices. I remember reading Trader Joe’s founder is related to Aldi’s founder.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

What's wrong with TJ's?

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I used to shop at Whole Foods 8ish years ago, but every time I go in one now I'm shocked at the prices. I have no idea how people can spend so much on food.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Nothing, remember he loves Whole Foods and thinks BTC is a hard asset. Anything he says right now is suspect. :D

auminer likes this.
  7. Tristan

That totally makes sense...despite TJ's fancier façade they are a lot alike. I like both, but no TJ's near my new place and 2 Aldis within 3 miles. Whole Foods always has a couple interesting items, but no way would I ever do my regular shopping there. My standard procedure is to hit Aldi first, then whatever I couldn't get there I go across the street to Kroger for.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Aldi can be awesome if you want to stock up on a staple like canned beans and you aren't hooked on a brand name. I can't bring myself to buy vacuum packed meat there, though. Kroger is the go to for most of the groceries. Shit has gotten pricey, though.

I don't even set foot in Whole Paycheck except to hit the head.

9. Boman Forklift

I remember going to Aldi as a kid when the checkers had to memorize the prices of everything and generics were always in a white box with black lettering.

Beer
    Mac n cheese
    Cereal

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The Whole Foods in dtla has great deals on meats. what I do is buy organic veggies at Walmart for the week and meats at Whole Foods the day of While im on my way home from work. Whole Foods has great daily deals on meats so I’ll cook the meal for whatever meat is on special that day.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Also is awesome. Ruthless German efficiency is obvious what with the huge barcodes on all sides of most products. And those scanners are powerful, they never miss an item.

4811BC2A-D925-4892-AF20-126F7ED631AE.jpeg

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

@Boman Forklift , BABA is back at a level where I think I could buy it again myself without being too nervous. If you're not just in for a quick buck and are not afraid of the People's Republic…

13. Tristan

You guys go right ahead...

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I already own it.

15. auminer

This shrinkflation is getting out of hand.

(But not melting in it!)

[​IMG]

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Boman Forklift and ChemGuy like this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

but i don't want to drive them :mad:

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Just drive my stock price up and you can keep driving your global cooling...no wait its now global warming....oops my bad climate change inducing machine.

20. auminer

The hell with RIVN or TSLA.

Without the raw materials, they can't produce Jack Schitte.

MP Materials. I think I might park a couple of bucks there for a spell.

Dammit, I swore when I had my episode that I was done picking individual stocks. You mofos are a bad influence. :mad: