MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Disagree.

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

A wise man once told me trying to make a living in a hobby sport is dumb.

He is launching rockets to the atmosphere now. The most happy I’ve seen him in a decade.

Possible just possibly I might be more versed than I let on.

3. FastByKids

I only follow via social media. But the R7 has given him fits this year per what has been publicly disclosed. He seems to be up there when the bike is running proper.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I believe there has been some miss steps in trying to build these engines from some teams, especially when it comes to tuning more so than the engine themselves being a grenade

FastByKids likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So, you're not a engineer, but you stayed in a Holiday Inn last night?

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

7. FastByKids

Yea, something like that. Just sleep well knowing that almost every EV you will buy in the near future will have my “Holiday Inn” engineering in it.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The tranny is crap. just like the FZ07. It needs to be back cut and shimmed for track use. Everything the FZ07 needs for serious track use, the R7 also needs. About the only thing the R7 has over the FZ07 is the forks and the front wheel.

FastByKids and jksoft like this.
  9. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

One of these two by chance?

[​IMG]

YamahaRick and FastByKids like this.
  10. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

I hadn’t been to laguna since Rossi and stoner were banging elbows, but I was impressed with how many people were there last weekend.
    It was strange that it seemed like 80% were the Harley crowd... but the bike parking was full, the parade lap was ridiculously crowded, long lines at the food vendors Sunday. So it wasn’t like years ago- but for road racing being dead, I thought it was pretty dang good.

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

You are a few light years away from being close to accurate.

13. FastByKids

More than likely. But his posts tell a story. Like I said, only follow via his social media.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My next door neighbors son has a computer engineering or science degree and is working for Rivian and I have another neighbor that is working for another electric startup company up here in either Commerce or Vernon and I think he is a computer engineer too?

So are you providing a control system they all integrate? That is common in the forklift industry with electric trucks, they generally use Curtis or Zapi controllers.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup: That was a great comment.

16. FastByKids

All I can say is magnet wire.

It’s been a crazy time with NDA’s and hush hush.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You’re the kinda guy that bitches to the manager when you go to the salad bar and see things you don’t like, ain’t ya, Karen :Poke:

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, this is the only rational conclusion. Something about light-years.
    DERP

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Chick peas, man. Why the hell are there chick peas at the salad bar? :mad:

20. FastByKids

Well crap, trying to come up with a plan for next year which included WERA endurance. The R7 is on the short list. We knew of the small gas tank but not of the transmission. For some reason I just can't bring myself to purchase a clapped out Katana errrr I mean SV. The Ape is still a possibility but that HP jump puts a lump in my throat.