1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America | Dynapac Superbikes | The Ridge Motorsports PRK | JUN 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 24, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Good gosh, pure ugliness.

Started with NATC and hadn’t let up.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Fuck. Glad Jake is ok.

TLR67 and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How old is this track? Might be covered earlier in this thread but I’m avoiding spoilers.

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

2012 open pavement

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Two totally different groups of people.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, I thought the bikes were all being kept up by the series.

7. FastByKids

From the horses mouth:
    “ Tough practice, black flag. No numbers on the belly pan.”

Haven’t really followed up as they are bouncing between mini and big track.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think you are onto something!!!! Probably the two biggest influencers over here are on that team. Plus that team has had a bunch of other drama with other riders and interesting stories of hirings and firings and race programs that were rumored but didn't happen as I recall, over the past few years, but that wasn't with Eraldo Ferracci.

FastByKids likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm gonna give credit where credit is due.

Petrucci gave props to the Yamaha boys and wasn't miserable during the interview.

This has to be a difficult track to learn. A podium with the amount of laps he's had is impressive. And he's taking lines nobody else is.

R1Racer99, MELK-MAN and Britt like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

I heard Petrucci was possibly going to do a wildcard WSBK race after this season of MA is over. Wouldn't it be awesome if he and attack go over there and Attack kicks everyone's ass over there including the WSBK guys and Petrucci.

Or Petrucci kicks everyone's ass after he has been getting his kicked over here by all the MA racers.

A boy can dream can't he.:D

FastByKids and Dragginass like this.
  11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Thanks for explaining that. I had assumed race control and the person running the Twitter account were different people (mostly because them being the same person would be full stop insane) but it's definitely reassuring to have confirmation from a third party that has nothing to do with any of it.

It's the same account reaching the unwashed masses. Promoting, then condemning, the same action is a mixed signal at best.

12. FastByKids

Phew, that 160 mini cup appeared to be a slug fest!

13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Top 5 Jr Cup inspected for restrictor plate. Top 3 Twins sealed for full teardown.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. FastByKids

Twins not a builder “money” class?

Odd

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The Committee Strikes Again!!!

[​IMG]

16. Boman Forklift

No silly, twins doesn’t have a dad on a National platform complaining that everyone has cheater motors or else his kid could be up there. :crackup:

alan, FastByKids, R1Racer99 and 2 others like this.
  17. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Aprilias have restrictions other makes do not.

18. FastByKids

Yea Yea Yea, cheese it up.

Appears MA sure has been curious this year.

All a coincidence I’m sure. :Poke:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

C’mon that was freaking funny!

I maybe wrong because I haven’t asked him, but I think it is because Tige is running tech now. I know him from out here. He owned a shop and was the Bridgestone tire distributor at the time.

Tige is a very opinionated guy who knowns his sh.t and really helped Tyler out. I really respect him even though we would occasionally bump heads.

Years ago Tyler set a bunch of track records on a SV650 running Bridgestones and Tige was his crew chief.

I wanted to run the SV for at least a year maybe longer. We ran it 3-4 months and Tige had Tyler doing so well on it he said I had to get him a 600. I told him I couldn’t afford it yet since I sold my pristine Ducati 916 with 4K mikes to buy the SV650 and help fund racing so how about next year?

Tige said I have a Honda CBR at the shop he can ride it. So at 15 he got lucky and got to ride it for awhile.

Ty also worked at his shop for awhile to make some money to help pay for racing. Ty was hired as a grunt. After realizing Tyler rebuilt his own RS125 motors and could change wheels, remove motors, etc., Tige had him doing a bunch more stuff around there.

Fun times for sure.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

no it wouldn’t…. it would mean another lost team in the American series… last thing we need for racing in the US