1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

I agree somebody should have gotten to him but it's not the point.

It's not about what happened it's about his general attitude towards MotoAmerica. Whoever said it nailed it, I don't think he wants to do this I don't think he wants to be here in US and it's showing.

And a professional thing to do would it be to air his grievances in private to the MotoAmerica officials not on the public forum which is he has done now twice in two back-to-back weekends.

To me it's really starting to look like he doesn't really want to do this and wants an excuse to get out.

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Hmm. Can’t wait to hear what the statement is

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the MA cornerworker issue, because I simply don't know. That said, I just timed it and it was for sure less than 60 seconds from time he crossed start/finish to the cameras showed him walking around. So he wasn't laying anywhere for 2 minutes like his post says.

jd41, Nathey, Boman Forklift and 3 others like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

FastbyKids protested him. :crackup:

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

It seems like the same folks who are ready to stick a fork in SDK are willing to make excuses for Petrucci when they are both in a new series, on a new bike, riding different tires.

How about we give our boys the same grace we give riders coming here?

I'm actually glad Petrucci is here, and would love to meet him if I can make the Road America round, but the difference in how their circumstances are viewed is pretty glaring.

Nathey likes this.
  6. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

sounds like petrux is gonna see himself back to Europe either before the season is over or at a minimum wont return next year

418 and Dragginass like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Are big bore kits illegal in Jr cup??

lol uh oh

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

WTF FS2.
    You start coverage and now have soccer highlights. Eat a bag of dicks.

G Dawg, sanee, pfhenry and 1 other person like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Was this a standard teardown or was there a protest? If it was standard, how many others were torn down?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

How many races has Petrucci been 2+ seconds off the pace and getting lapped this year?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No kidding

12. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Not just highlights, but now an actual game.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just pay the money for the live+...

418, MyWayGuy and Dragginass like this.
  14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

No protest, top 5 were ordered to tear down to the crank, option to do it to today or do it by Laguna. We opted to do it immediately, passed inspection. Other team who opened theirs today did not pass. Three others elected to defer and were sealed.

15. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Ouch. Any idea what was out of compliance?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It was extraordinary watching JG come through turn 3. Easy to see the difference when he was pulling time and when he was cruising.

When he pulled the gap on the boys he'd use all the corner and come through sliding the tire and stand it up right away. It looked like it was tying itself in knots but he did it so consistently. Looked like a 990 gp ride tbh.

When he settled in and started cruising it was on rails. So smooth. Not a ripple.

Entire race he was able to stand the bike up sooner than anyone else. Dunno how he was doing it.

Dude is a phenom. He could make that bike do whatever he wanted.

17. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

So I guess this answers the DQ question?

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

None, but the general sentiment remains the same. Either both, or neither...cut the same amount of slack, IMO.

If anyone gets extra time its SDK... younger, less accomplished racer. The MotoGP race winner isnt getting a pass because of tires, bike/data, or tracks. He's the one I would expect to figure it out and produce, no excuses (which he has done by the way, produce).

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    MyWayGuy likes this.
  19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Based on the number of people here that have issues with the live streaming, that would be a hard no.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You get to see all the races and honestly the issues are minimal this year. I've had as many issues with the MotoGP pass.

lopitt85 likes this.