1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Air 10 Feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by randomwalker, Apr 18, 2022.

1. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

Looking for your feedback on the new Tech Air 10. I bought a size 2XL (I'm 5'11" and 220 lbs) and returned it for the following reasons: 1) It is not easy to get your leather suit on after you've put on the airbag suit. I needed another helper to get the suit over the back hump. The air bag's back hump, where the cannisters are located, is not smooth enough for a leather suit to glide over. While I don't mind having a helper put on my suit, this is going to become a real PITA on track; 2) Even with help, it's quite difficult to get the sleeves into place. You'll have to put on the airbag first before putting on your suit. With the tech-air race system, the sleeves have a velcro that hold them in place but not this. 3)Although it is supposed to be useable on the street as well, there's no way you can put on any pants and fasten the waist because the back protector is quite long and extends to cover the tail bone...hence, there's no way I can fasten the waist of my riding pants around the back protector; 4) I had a technical issue to where the remote LED display began to malfunction and wouldn't turn off. 5) It's a bit bulky and I could barely zip up my size 58 air-bag approved Alpinestars leather suit. 58 is my regular size but I'll likely need to go up to 60 to accommodate this airbag. Anyway, for all these reasons I returned the Tech Air 10 and decided to stay with the Tech-Air Race I'm curious what your experience has been.

2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

here for the feedback. currently using a tech air race and not sure I'm wanting to move to the 10 just because it seems air flow would be possibly worse and it gets hot in Texas

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Also here for this. Been planning on getting a Race, but now with the 10 out not sure which direction to go.

4. tpadden

tpadden Well-Known Member

I’m interested in feedback as well. Do you wear a base layer under the suit which is essentially a base layer or do you have to buy multiple tech air 10 base layers at $250+ a pop if you are riding a few days in a row?

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Following

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I just purchased on on Friday. Hoping to get it in time for my race this weekend as I am leaving on Wednesday evening. I was a little worried spending $1000 for this and hope it works well as I heard a couple of stories about issues with the activation/lights/battery. I will definitely report back next week and let you know how it goes.

motion likes this.
  7. Suzuka_joe

I feel like two base layers would be even hotter. They are selling 2 different separate liners for $259 each, one with short legs and one with longer legs.

8. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Subscribed; I currently have the race version but would be curious how this compares.

9. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

anyone crashed in one?

10. Suzuka_joe

it just came out last weekend lol. give it some time

11. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

5 minutes?

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reminds me.... who is the #1 crasher on the Beeb?

13. Yamaboy

Yamaboy Active Member

Just ordered a Tech 10 Air today. Can post findings once received.

For comparison, I ordered a Tech Air 5 last fall and had a similar problem as OP and ending up returning it. The air canister area on the 5 was too much of a hump and the suit would get snagged while putting your arms in the sleeves and getting the suit over your shoulders. Using the method of laying the Tech Air 5 into the suit before putting the whole deal on was about a 50/50 success rate of getting it just right and overall fit was still tight.

Honestly, the idea of the full suit seems like it's ideal since in theory you don't have to purchase a suit that is "Tech Air Compatible". However, if fit is an issue with the Tech Air 10, I'll probably go with the Tech Air Race instead.

14. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Had the option to get in one and declined after trying it. Getting in and out between races or sessions was a pain in the ass.

15. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

Need to make a correction to the OP. Getting the sleeve into place is relatively easy and not an issue...the Tech Air 10 has long sleeves and a thumb holder at the end of each sleeve. So that part is OK.

G2G likes this.
  16. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I was at one of my dealers yesterday and he had a stack of them in stock which I was pretty surprised about.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

meh... its about acclimating & having a good base layer. After the day is over... a sturdy hanger & thorough drying method.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Critter & Sclark.

motion likes this.
  19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone sent in a vest to be repacked Astars? Are they past their delays at this point?

20. 392

392 Well-Known Member

getting repacked hasn’t been an issue for me.

Suzuka_joe and Senna like this.