1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Seems too much like that HOA bullshit; which is something I will also never do.

If I’m gonna spend my own money on it, I’m going to do what I want with it. Even if I didn’t plan on changing anything, that’s not the point.

If I am leasing or renting it, that’s another story.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You should probably change your vote from Black to Penis in your poll then...

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You do realize that you, and not the Ferrari employee, would be driving the car, right?

4. Tell me a Ferrari with a huge cock painted on the hood wouldn’t be funny as fuck. :crackup:

5. Holdup, where did Penis go? WTF is this horseshit? :crackup:

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

With a exclamation mark even, I see 20 more pages.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Apparently it turtled...

8. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Ducati did it.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think production for anything produced in Germany. They are shifting away production to other countries, i.e. South Africa, etc.

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I don't think Ferrari plays that card with the regular run of the mill 458/488's and the newer 296GTB. However, I am not sure once you get to the F8 model line. I would bet 100% once you get to the special edition stuff such as anything Competizione or the SP series models you'd need pre-approval to purchase. Be that a racing resume, or previous Ferrari ownership.

Not to mention the XX program..

The gentleman I know with a 488GTB purchased his car as his first Ferrari, but he did tell me he was looking at a different model during the process and they flat out told him he was not allowed to purchase that car.

He doesn't even track the car anymore after dealing with a $50K service bill for pads/rotors/tires. lol He rips around in his 911 TurboS and I think he's faster in that anyway.

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just learned last week that the 296 is above the F8 in the model range.

That's what I was talking about earlier. You have to start with a "regular" V8.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

lol every. single. time. i get that porsches might not have the general wow factor of a Ferrari/Mclaren/Lambo/Paganni/etc... but they are beautiful, and they just work, all the time, instead of a $20k maint. bill every single year for a car that's slower around a track. i get it, but i don't get it sometimes.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Porsche maintenance is far from cheap. It’s not Ferrari ridiculous but it’s not a trip to jiffy lube with a 10% off coupon. :D

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you are visiting the stealership extortion racket known as the service bay then yes. Plenty of folks doing it at reasonable costs outside of the stealership.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Someone must have figured that no matter how much you liked the Penis that you were tired of Penis.
    I don’t know for sure, ya’ Big Dummy. :D

16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Yeah, P-cars are just pure workers. I drove this GTB at Grattan and TBH it was pretty damn cool. It made sweet noises, and was relatively "easy" to drive fast once I got my brain around the brakes. I even had the owners blessing to go ham in it other than "I swear to god, don't jump this one"

(A fun little clarification that he gives me sometimes, ever since he watched me air out an ACR Viper.. although he doesn't mind when I let the 911 do a little wheelie over the hump LOL)

Other then that I am free to drive them to my abilities, and he will often throw members of his family, or business partners in them with me.

I don't know why, but I am MUCH much faster in the 911 Turbo than in the GTB. Maybe it's because the GTB is worth more than my whole life, or maybe because he really trusts me with the 911, and in turn I am a lot more confident in that thing. I dunno... I'd take the 911 Turbo any day of the week.

488GTB is a lot more money for some weird/cooler noises and better brakes. Not to mention we are making almost 700awhp with the 911 now and it sounds almost stock.

17. Sweatypants

it takes a lot of oil. and ceramic brakes are ceramic brakes are ceramic brakes... but outside of that...

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So what lap times do you do in a cage compared to a bike?

Like in 1999 I broke the 600 record at Grattan on my R6 with a 1:19.81 in practice... always wondered what that’s transfer to in a cage... nearly 22 years... holy shit...

19. Sweatypants

dude outside of you and your personal skillset and all, they're faster in literally every magazine/youtube/blog test at every track for half the money. is what it is i guess.

Trainwreck likes this.