Winter Olympics 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Elizabeth Swaney. It’s on YT lololol.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah baby...

[​IMG]

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

"Fuckinall" (don't know how it's spelled, only the pronunciation) is Hungarian for "ladle."

4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’m a big alpine skiing fan, especially of the downhill. Those guys and gals are serious and get my vote for bravest sport. Until you’ve been out there hammering on a big downhill you wouldn’t believe how far over the edge that sport is. Many years ago I free skied on the downhill course on Aspen Mountain the morning after a World Cup downhill race, with some of the snow fence still up, and the course still frozen in like ice pavement. Like most of that mountain it was extremely steep, and the course stayed on or nearly on the fall line the entire way down. I skied onto the course at the top and turned ‘em down the hill thinking I’d like to experience some of that speed. Pfft. It didn’t take very long before I had enough and started turning out of the fall line. I have raced some local downhill in the winter, and when motorcycle season starts I’ve motocrossed, desert raced, flat tracked, and road raced. Nothing I’ve ever done compared to what the downhill guys are doing, believe me. Those folks are serious hard cases.

5. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the perspective!

I love downhill skiing and the way they lean is similar to road racing.

However, the insane part comes in when they are hitting 70+ mph after clearing an 8 ft. jump on ice!!

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

The hill for I think it’s Super G is no joke. I think half the women’s field has wrecked.

cpettit likes this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Hell, Lane Meyer can handle that hill on one ski. Just sayin’…

stk0308 and Yzasserina like this.
  8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah Nina’s crash was yikes to watch, the commentators gasped.

Separately, mayhem on ski jumping mixed doubles suit violations. I have a theory! @HPPT please post link, I don’t know how to do that yet, ha!

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK that was ugly, but it works!

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Watched some of the mens normal hill yesterday and truly had forgotten about the judging. Still not a fan of it other than maybe as a tie breaker but it's the olympics, they get off on judging athletes.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was fun to watch, same for mens skiathalon. Probably get to watch the womens tonight.

Not sure when I'll find time for the speed skating :crackup:

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hope you recorded or dial up team mixed relay… zoo! Thunderdome!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Team mixed which? Skating?

Either way, I've got it somewhere, grabbing all the replays of full events on Peacock and tossing them into my watchlist. Go see what's new every morning and add it them watch through the day, been a good way to keep up with it all so far and has the bonus of less talking heads than the recap shows.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, short track.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, it's on the list.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Anybody else watch last nights ski jumps with a fucking power plant cooling tower right next to the ramp ?

Wife and I laughed our asses off last night.

cpettit and Yzasserina like this.