1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North American Talent Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Ready set….let the debate begin…ps. Mongo, excellent job on this series!

jksoft, FastByKids and t11ravis like this.
  2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Oh I like it!

Anything that helps the youth in America close the gap with the Europeans is an absolute plus.

My only rub is why put a Chinese Engine with carbs into a Italian work of art? I'm thinking this will be a 8-12k bike just to play. The R3's and Ninja 400's are fuel injected with a more robust engine and fuel injection.

Wonder if MotoAmerica will still promote the Junior Cup?

lightning97 likes this.
  3. FastByKids

4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

After all these years you would think Mongo would be doing a better job at killing road racing in America. Obviously he needs to go back for remedial dream-destruction lessons.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well my guess would be that is the bike they are using in the CIV junior and if we want the Americans to close the gap using the same bike would makes sense as it is now standardized. The other reason is I am sure they ascertained your dislike of Ohvale and did it to piss you off. :D

FastByKids likes this.
  6. FastByKids

^
    Yea, just had to swallow the pride and email my bald headed buddy. If we pull the trigger will only be one kid. Might be some major anarchy in the Miller house.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Coooool my only gripe would be a helmet provider. Fit == safety and I strongly doubt KYT will provide enough models to fit properly on all kids. Hope they provide 2 helmets but don't mandate they are the only choice worn.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's actually pretty gawd dang kick ass. I love that it's at a club event and a bit away from the pressure and costs of a MA event weekend.

Now, what exactly is an Aprilia RS250SP2? an Ohvale with what sized wheels?

9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

So Junior Cup goes away in 2023 then?

10. FastByKids

11. FastByKids

THE CALENDAR

The North America Talent Cup will be run across the USA as an Amateur National Series. The series will be limited to 20 riders for the first year with aims to expand the amount of riders permitted to 26 by 2023. The season opener is planned to take place alongside MotoGP™ at the Circuit of the Americas. The remaining rounds will be held in partnership with AMA-sanctioned racing organization WERA, and the final round will be with MotoAmerica at their season finale at Barber Motorsports Park.

12. voss555

That's for 2022. Since MotoA is quoted in the release I find it hard to believe this won't take the place of JC for 2023. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doubtful it'll replace the kids race. It's in addition to it.

Should be fun, working on details now.

mattys281-2 and Montoya like this.
  14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

This sounded more like a semi-pro feeder series to the “pro” Junior Cup. I don’t see JC going away with all the manuf variety. That’s too good for sales.

jksoft and FastByKids like this.
  15. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder if they will allow tire warmers? Sorry just kidding:). Great news for WERA, MotoAmerica and the sport.

16. voss555

RS250 on paper is a superior bike to a JC bike no?

17. FastByKids

Except for the cheap Chinese Carb'd engine. Bike seems proper. Few kids have ridden them in the States and have had positive feedback.

As such, the go-fast bits are brakes by Brembo, suspension by Öhlins, and a rowdy exhaust by SC-Project. The 17-inch Marchesini wheels will mount Pirelli rubber, making this a very Italian affair.

Though the engine is sourced from Aprilia, Ohvale will handle the production, with pricing set under €10,000.

18. voss555

Says 26hp and 220lbs. The MD250H are 29hp and 200lbs? Seems Morawaki lap times are at the top of JC times if not faster.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Surely the last moriwaki in America has vibrated itself into a pile of scrap metal by now?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. FastByKids

A few were ripping at the GNF. Appears the dads were wrenching quite a bit on them though. Seemed it was THE go fast chassis for the kid racers.